Disallowed processes - have some default ones please!

Started by Mat71, December 27, 2012, 05:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat71

Hello Jeremy,

I think "disallowed processes" is a very useful feature of ProcessLasso that is unfortunately overlooked by most customers I would guess. And if they even know that feature exists they probably don't know how to make use of it.

If you want to push sales by giving this program another killer-feature, pun intended, please think about implementing something like that:

- Make it either default or let people vote in / vote out or let them download such a list into Process lasso later in an EASY (!) way. Means: they should not have to manually type filenames into a form. ;)

- Make a research and put in "disallowed processes" all those junk filenames (like ASK-Toolbar, RelevantKnowledge etc.) from bundles, that most people don't want to be installed anyways. Those stuff lives on short attention span of people just clicking through an installation of another software and later they have that crap installed too. Wondering why computer gets always slower etc.

- For sure there are a few people who WANT to install that or other junk. But I am sure you could find a way to deal with it in an intelligent way and protect us others from "slipped through" bundled junk installations. Sure, some things get blocked by AV solutions anyway (PUP) but I like it very much when Process Lasso disallows the junk right away. Bam.

- You have to be a kind of geek to populate such a list of "disallowed processes" yourself, so not many customers will do that. - So please take this burden onto you, keep an actual list of junk bundle software and implement it somehow (optional or not) into Process Lasso.

=> You would have another argument for future customers to buy this already great software on your homepage. ;)

It's just an idea and maybe you could attract hate of junk-vendors by this, but I don't think Process Lasso is wide spread enough to make them even aware of. ;) - But clearly you are the good guy, hating those pesky bundles and here is something you could do about that, right?

Thanks for at least reading my suggestion.  ;D

BenYeeHua

But the problem is, the user allow it to install.
Why not the user remember to untick it when they are installing the free software? ;D
Because if you has disallowed them, it is disallowed after it download the installer(with same name), not before it download the installer(by untick it).
----
And ya, this function is useful for some free software, they like to pop-up the ads(everytime it check for update) until you install the other free software make by them.
And the pop-up is very useful, when you install 1 of them on your friend's computer, and you go to their house on the next week, you will found that, they have install all the free software that make by that company. ;D