9.9.25.0 Beta: Auto-Updater: Popup Window

Started by ranko, July 14, 2020, 01:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranko

Good day,

I just experienced that there is a pop-up window from the update process telling me, that there is no update available
and which I have to confirm by clicking to the "OK" button.

I think such a pop-up window should be avoided. Figure out, how many "OK"-Buttons I would have
- to watch or
- or even confirm
if the auto updater of every installed software would notify that no update has been found.

Many thanks upfront if you could kindly remove this code.
Xeon E5-1680v4 | Supermicro X10SRi-F | 64GB DDR4 ECC | MSI RTX4070 Ventus | X710-DA2 | Win10 Pro 22H2

edkiefer

Quote from: ranko on July 14, 2020, 01:18:44 AM
Good day,

I just experienced that there is a pop-up window from the update process telling me, that there is no update available
and which I have to confirm by clicking to the "OK" button.

I think such a pop-up window should be avoided. Figure out, how many "OK"-Buttons I would have
- to watch or
- or even confirm
if the auto updater of every installed software would notify that no update has been found.

Many thanks upfront if you could kindly remove this code.
Ok, thanks, we are looking into this.

PS: to speed up testing are you on free or Pro version of PL?
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

That should only occur when you manually invoke an update check (e.g. by menu item). Is that what you are talking about?

Periodic automatic update checks shouldn't show any such message box. You'd see it daily, and that would indeed be redundant and bothersome.

Maybe you invoked an update check, the message box appeared but wasn't dismissed (and maybe relegated to the background), then you later returned to see it?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.