Since I can use the Bitsum Highest Performance profile

Started by Jibroni, April 20, 2020, 07:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jibroni

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Do I still need to set the exe file for each game to 'high performance' in the 'display settings' tab? Would using that profile overwrite Bitums profile?

edkiefer

Quote from: Jibroni on April 20, 2020, 07:57:13 PM
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Do I still need to set the exe file for each game to 'high performance' in the 'display settings' tab? Would using that profile overwrite Bitums profile?
If you are talking about Nvidia control panel per game profile to HP power plan, no that is totally different than OS power plans. That one is how it interacts with GPU clocks.
BHP and all others are more OS, system-wide power plans.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jibroni

Quote from: edkiefer on April 20, 2020, 10:36:25 PM
If you are talking about Nvidia control panel per game profile to HP power plan, no that is totally different than OS power plans. That one is how it interacts with GPU clocks.
BHP and all others are more OS, system-wide power plans.

:-\ Well I mean the settings you can change for the exe file itself in this screen here in the display settings tab. What relation does this have to Bitsum's power plan? Do I need to bother with this at all if I have Bitsum's power plan? I'm kind of confused.

edkiefer

Hi, Ok that one.
Still no change in my answer, it has nothing to do with power plans (windows ones and BHP).
I have not seen any change in setting exe to HP in that option, YMMV.

PS: The power plans like power saver, balanced, HP, along with BHP are more to do with system power use and CPU power usage.
BHP will be the highest power plan of them all, I would use it for any demanding application.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Those settings are not related to the Bitsum Highest Performance power plan and so can be used independently of it.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.