Autostart with Windows?

Started by neweruser, April 06, 2017, 01:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neweruser

How can I get parkcontrol to autostart with windows?

I set the "start with user login" option but that does nothing. Also starting it manually requires me to enter my admin password, so that's kind of in the way of an automated start also.

What can I do?

Jeremy Collake

There is a bug report pending that in some cases the system tray icon for ParkControl can be lost at startup.

This can be fixed by delaying it's start. You can do that in the Task Scheduler maybe, if you know your stuff.

I apologize for the late response on this, now deprecated, forum. I was not signaled that I was needed and have been very busy, to say the least.

Thanks!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

neweruser

Checked my task scheduler, it says "The requested operation requires elevation (0x800702E4)"

Jeremy Collake

So you are a standard user? Ok, I'll note that in testing and get it working.

Thanks,

Jeremy Collake

Quote... The problem is that XMBC obviously needs the option Run only when user is logged on. But since I log on with my normal unprivileged user I then cannot run the program as admin.

You are bumping up against a fundamental security barrier. While you could conceivably run XMBC as a different, administrative user, it may have trouble properly interacting with your normal user session.

The simple answer is to make your normal user account an administrator so that the Task Scheduler task for XMBC can start elevated when you login. But, I assume that isn't feasible or desirable in your case.