Pro balance doesn't work

Started by empleat, November 12, 2019, 04:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empleat

I have 4,1ghz i7 3770k, yet while installing game my cpu get maxed. While i have process lasso and default setting ,checked Pro Balance is on. When i watch video in browser, it is still stuttering and even lowing process priority doesn't help. And it is not disk, i have system on ssd and installing from hdd to another ssd. And pagefile is off...

edkiefer

You might want to read up on how Probalance works.

https://bitsum.com/how-probalance-works/

Basically any background process can get restrained to a lower CPU priority so its load is less than the focused application that you are running.
On your video running in foreground and stuttering, that would depend on what is causing that issue. Probalance will lower the priority if there is another background process that is causing the stutters but if that is not the case you need to pin down the cause.
Bitsum QA Engineer

empleat

Yes i know, i read your description Even when i put it manually on low it doesn't help. Thats whole point of pro balance it is supposed to stop background processes from draining all resources. But it doesn't help at all.

edkiefer

Quote from: empleat on November 12, 2019, 07:15:15 PM
Yes i know, i read your description Even when i put it manually on low it doesn't help. Thats whole point of pro balance it is supposed to stop background processes from draining all resources. But it doesn't help at all.
If it lowered the CPU priority, then it is working as it should.
Now if the process even with lowered priority is still too taxing, only thing is to try lower value (idle priority) and if that still doesn't help then maybe it is too taxing to run both of those processes at the same time.
It is hard to say with the limited info of the processes and the system.
Maybe post pic of process active list or what processes are giving you trouble, along with system spec, then maybe we can see something.
Bitsum QA Engineer

loichuchay

Tôi ddang quan tâm về vấn Ä'ề này

edkiefer

Quote from: loichuchay on November 15, 2019, 02:19:33 AM
Tôi ddang quan tâm về vấn Ä'ề này
Nothing to be concerned with as far as I can see, Probalance is working as it should on all tests.
Bitsum QA Engineer