Process Lasso Logs to CSV - New utility and new capabilities

Started by Jeremy Collake, July 19, 2013, 02:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Process Lasso got a new log format in v6.5. While this new format has a lot of advantages, it does require conversion to CSV for use outside Process Lasso.

The current version of Process Lasso already has an Export to CSV option, but this only exports the current LOG file, not archived (rotated) log files.

That has changed in v6.6.0.67 beta. The Export to CSV feature now exports the active LOG, and all archived LOG files.

A new console mode utility is also provided, PLLogToCSV.exe . This console mode utility accepts one command line parameter, the output CSV file. For instance:

PLLogToCSV.exe processlasso-logs.csv

The LOG pathname is picked up from the Process Lasso configuration.

This is all still beta, under development - but given the simplicity of this feature, it won't take long to finalize.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

dhrf

BenYeeHua

Quote from: dhrf on July 21, 2013, 06:28:47 PM
I wonder that, did the event viewer performance is better than Process Lasso log. ;D

Jeremy Collake

Emitting to a system log isn't on the agenda. It's simple to do, but there's an awful lot of log activity, so I'm just not sure this would work out well.

I have added an option to also emit as CSV, though it didn't make it out in this build.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.