Set the ParkControl's Bitsum Highest Performance power profile only while gaming

Started by tallman, February 12, 2019, 08:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallman

Hi to all!

I would like to know how to set the ParkControl's Bitsum Highest Performance power profile in conjuction with the Bitsum Dynamic Boost only while gaming (automatically) ?

I have the free version of ParkControl.

Please tell me.

Thanks to all in advance.

edkiefer

Quote from: tallman on February 12, 2019, 08:45:47 AM
Hi to all!

I would like to know how to set the ParkControl's Bitsum Highest Performance power profile in conjuction with the Bitsum Dynamic Boost only while gaming (automatically) ?

I have the free version of ParkControl.

Please tell me.

Thanks to all in advance.

Hi, ParkControl is not the best if you want BHP/HP power plans only when the game is being played, Process Lasso is best for that.
With ParkControl the dynamic boost will have two power plans switchable when the system is active and not active.
You could set BHP plan to active and then set inactive to balanced or power saver.
Bitsum QA Engineer

tallman

Thank you for replying!

I would also like to ask you if ProcessLasso unparks the cores as ParkControl does?

And what is the procedure of setting ProcessLasso to be active only while gaming?

And also should I have Process Lasso and ParkControl both installed?

edkiefer

Quote from: tallman on February 12, 2019, 09:43:05 AM
Thank you for replying!

I would also like to ask you if ProcessLasso unparks the cores as ParkControl does?

And what is the procedure of setting ProcessLasso to be active only while gaming?

And also should I have Process Lasso and ParkControl both installed?
ProcessLasso uses the same BHP power plan as Parkcontrol, AFAIK parked cores are disabled by default in that plan.
In ProcessLasso it is very easy to set a game or any application to a power plan.
I guess easy way is just right clicking on the running application and picking  "application power plan", then pic plan (BHP).
Note many Steam games will auto enabled performance mode so you don't have to enter them.

With ProcessLasso there also performance mode/game mode which also can run BHP plan when enabled but only use one option, not both performance mode (power plan) and application power plans.
You also have full features in ProcessLasso like Probalance to restrict background processes dynamically (lowers priority).

ProcessLasso has an "action log" in the bottom pane so you can see what it is doing, no guessing if a setting is enabled/disabled.

PS: IMO ParkControl is more suited to a laptop user that wants cores unparked but still wants good battery health, vers ProcessLasso which is a full suite of features tailored to gamers, power users, desktop and server usage (just about any use)
Bitsum QA Engineer

tallman

Quote from: edkiefer on February 12, 2019, 10:54:09 AM
ProcessLasso uses the same BHP power plan as Parkcontrol, AFAIK parked cores are disabled by default in that plan.
In ProcessLasso it is very easy to set a game or any application to a power plan.
I guess easy way is just right clicking on the running application and picking  "application power plan", then pic plan (BHP).
Note many Steam games will auto enabled performance mode so you don't have to enter them.

With ProcessLasso there also performance mode/game mode which also can run BHP plan when enabled but only use one option, not both performance mode (power plan) and application power plans.
You also have full features in ProcessLasso like Probalance to restrict background processes dynamically (lowers priority).

ProcessLasso has an "action log" in the bottom pane so you can see what it is doing, no guessing if a setting is enabled/disabled.

PS: IMO ParkControl is more suited to a laptop user that wants cores unparked but still wants good battery health, vers ProcessLasso which is a full suite of features tailored to gamers, power users, desktop and server usage (just about any use)

Thank you very much! I have a gaming laptop. Which other settings for ProcessLasso do you reccommend to me?

edkiefer

Quote from: tallman on February 12, 2019, 11:04:37 AM
Thank you very much! I have a gaming laptop. Which other settings for ProcessLasso do you reccommend to me?
The great thing about Process Lasso is by default it does very well, as I mentioned Probalance is done all in the background, nothing to worry about.
You can read all the features on the website that ProcessLasso has, but other than setting an application to a power plan or the performance mode since you are on a laptop you might try Idlesaver which is similar to Prakcontrol dynamic boost. Just as I mentioned don't go crazy with enabling many power plans as you don't want a conflict if two plans get enabled, use them sparingly at any one point.

https://bitsum.com/

To start out just install the defaults and maybe add your games to performance mode, then after you get used to it and see how it works you can adjust other things.
The software is engineered to work great right out of the box without tweaking much.
Bitsum QA Engineer

tallman

Quote from: edkiefer on February 12, 2019, 11:39:14 AM
The great thing about Process Lasso is by default it does very well, as I mentioned Probalance is done all in the background, nothing to worry about.
You can read all the features on the website that ProcessLasso has, but other than setting an application to a power plan or the performance mode since you are on a laptop you might try Idlesaver which is similar to Prakcontrol dynamic boost. Just as I mentioned don't go crazy with enabling many power plans as you don't want a conflict if two plans get enabled, use them sparingly at any one point.

https://bitsum.com/

To start out just install the defaults and maybe add your games to performance mode, then after you get used to it and see how it works you can adjust other things.
The software is engineered to work great right out of the box without tweaking much.

Thank you very much! :)

tallman

I need some help with ProcessLasso.

1. ProcessLasso sometimes doesn't automatically switch the power profile from Bitsum Highest Performance to Balanced after exiting of games.

2.ProcessLasso switches from Bitsum Highest Performance to Balanced if I don't play the game which I have opened for a few minutes.

I have enabled the IdleSaver,because my PC is a laptop.

Please help me.

edkiefer

Quote from: tallman on February 16, 2019, 06:37:19 AM
I need some help with ProcessLasso.

1. ProcessLasso sometimes doesn't automatically switch the power profile from Bitsum Highest Performance to Balanced after exiting of games.

2.ProcessLasso switches from Bitsum Highest Performance to Balanced if I don't play the game which I have opened for a few minutes.

I have enabled the IdleSaver,because my PC is a laptop.

Please help me.
Is this a Steam game?
One way to limit any power plan switching issues is to disable the Option BHP power plan in performance mode (uncheck it with right click "change power plan to BHP" and use instead application power plan options.
Try that an see if it clears things up, are you using idle saver to try and bring back balanced plan, you really don't need that if you are only using BHP for specific processes.
Bitsum QA Engineer

tallman

Quote from: edkiefer on February 16, 2019, 07:21:21 AM
Is this a Steam game?
One way to limit any power plan switching issues is to disable the Option BHP power plan in performance mode (uncheck it with right click "change power plan to BHP" and use instead application power plan options.
Try that an see if it clears things up, are you using idle saver to try and bring back balanced plan, you really don't need that if you are only using BHP for specific processes.

Thank you so much! You resolved my problem! :)

tallman

Oh,but I got same problem again!
Please help me.

It sometimes works it sometimes not.

edkiefer

Quote from: tallman on February 16, 2019, 08:56:23 AM
Oh,but I got same problem again!
Please help me.

It sometimes works it sometimes not.
I need more info to help, what game and is it steam and how your options are set.
Start with basic settings and work from there, one change at a time.
As I mentioned uncheck BHP power plan option in performance mode and use application power plan. Do that only, w/o idle saver and see how it goes.
Bitsum QA Engineer