Process wont stay at high

Started by Rowger, December 11, 2023, 12:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowger

Im trying to keep a game at high priority (specifically cod) but it wont actually be high after i set it to always high. Even if i check the option that "forces" it to keep reapplying it still wont. Any help?

Jeremy Collake

Probably it is protected by an anti-cheat system.

Can you change its priority class with Task Manager?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Rowger

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on December 11, 2023, 06:32:40 AMProbably it is protected by an anti-cheat system.

Can you change its priority class with Task Manager?

yes i can, but as you can imagine having to do that every time i boot it is kinda inconvenient

Alockwood2011

Quote from: Rowger on December 11, 2023, 11:11:17 AMyes i can, but as you can imagine having to do that every time i boot it is kinda inconvenient

When this happens to me I make a reg file, name it HighPriority.reg, right click, edit, copy and paste this

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cod.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:3

Where it says cod.exe, put the name of whatever executable you want to set as high. This will force it. Save it then right click the file we made and click merge.

Rowger

Quote from: Alockwood2011 on December 11, 2023, 12:48:56 PMWhen this happens to me I make a reg file, name it HighPriority.reg, right click, edit, copy and paste this

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cod.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:3

Where it says cod.exe, put the name of whatever executable you want to set as high. This will force it. Save it then right click the file we made and click merge.

This didnt work either. Tried with another game just to be sure and it works with it, just not with cod. Starting to feel this is kinda hopeless