Process Lasso Beta doesn't link to beta

Started by Coldblackice, October 29, 2020, 10:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldblackice

Just a heads-up, the current beta-download link for Process Lasso links to the non-beta installer.

edkiefer

Quote from: Coldblackice on October 29, 2020, 10:04:18 PM
Just a heads-up, the current beta-download link for Process Lasso links to the non-beta installer.
That is because we just released a new final (v9.8.5.37) a few days ago, so there are no new beta versions right now.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Coldblackice

But there was a beta to 9.9.X up recently, wasn't there?

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

The beta will be republished soon, but all changes were back-ported to the new release version. I understand the versioning may cause some confusion right now.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Coldblackice

On this same note, it'd be useful if the main site download page mentioned what version the current beta download contains, whether named visibly on the page or named in the filename itself (e.g. processlassosetup64_v9.8.8.11).

Currently, the only way I can know what version it is, or if it's even different from the main download, is comparing the hashes or looking at the file properties. And also helpful would be a link to the beta changes on the page.

Jeremy Collake

Normally, the beta version and its changes are listed here. Current beta changes are always here.

I do see it was not showing the current beta the last couple weeks. I had neglected to unhide them.

Unique filenames for each version present a trust problem for some security software/mechanisms since the URLs don't establish as long a history.

Thanks for the feedback!

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Coldblackice

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on December 06, 2020, 09:28:48 AM
Normally, the beta version and its changes are listed here. Current beta changes are always here.

I do see it was not showing the current beta the last couple weeks. I had neglected to unhide them.

Unique filenames for each version present a trust problem for some security software/mechanisms since the URLs don't establish as long a history.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ah, interesting to know. No problem, and thanks!