Main Menu

Recent posts

ParkControl / Re: Not Functional With Xbox G...
Last post by similarbeans - Yesterday at 04:44:44 AM
Quote from: maruusa on April 22, 2024, 10:25:43 PMYou can try using Task Manager to block specific Xbox Game Bar processes when you're not using it. This may prevent it from interacting with CCD2 cores/threads.
Really effective suggestion. I accessed Task Manager and it was easy to resolve the issue. It was by chance that I came across the question and found the solution.
Process Lasso / Re: Affinity-setting context m...
Last post by similarbeans - May 02, 2024, 11:52:38 PM
Ideally leave it open. Having said that, it definitely wouldn't be simple to do this contextually for just this one menu, which would need escaping or clicking out of all other context menus in order to remove them. I concur with this. For updates, the support program works incredibly well.
Process Lasso / Re: Anyone Using Process Lasso...
Last post by similarbeans - May 02, 2024, 11:50:51 PM
Quote from: johnpark on February 23, 2024, 07:59:19 AMI'm wondering if anyone out there is using Process Lasso to get better hit rego, FPS, etc for gaming?
In particular being able to load certain apps to certain logical cores so core 0 isn't overloaded with tasks, etc?
It's crucial to remember that Process Lasso's gaming efficacy can vary depending on a number of variables, such as the particular game, the hardware, and the system configuration. The resource requirements of different games vary, and some might already be optimized to make good use of the system resources.
General / Re: How to close Java when exi...
Last post by edvulcan - May 02, 2024, 11:13:33 PM
I've experienced the issue of Java processes not closing after exiting Minecraft as well. It's a common annoyance for many players. A utility or script that can handle this automatically would be incredibly helpful.
Process Lasso / Re: No sufficient rights to ch...
Last post by Jeremy Collake - April 27, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
The "critical" I/O priority cannot actually be applied to any process. It is reserved for system paging operations. It was removed from Process Lasso last year for this reason.

That said, anti-cheat systems can also block process access and prevent changing the I/O priority. In those cases, try setting the I/O priority rule on the game launcher host process.
Process Lasso / No sufficient rights to change...
Last post by Fllemingo - April 26, 2024, 08:55:53 PM
So long story short I'm having some sluggish mouse issues in Apex Legends and a reddit post offered advice and said to change the I/O Priority to ''Critical'' on the program but for me I can't do it because I get the error ''You either do not have sufficient rights or the OS does not support the specified IO priority''
Is there any way to give rights to be able to change? I'm on Windows 10 22H2. I'm running it through Steam and the game uses Easy Anti Cheat so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Thanks!
Process Lasso / Re: Need help
Last post by Jeremy Collake - April 25, 2024, 06:19:39 AM
You can play with the system or app specific scaling settings (see Properties of Process Lasso shortcut), but until there is full high DPI support, some UI elements may not be as crisp as it could be.

p.s. v9 is very old.
ParkControl / Re: What's "Bitsum Highest per...
Last post by Jeremy Collake - April 25, 2024, 05:55:47 AM
If you don't see it because your system is using power modes, you can use menu item 'Settings / Experimental / Always Show Bitsum Highest Performance'. That should install it.
Process Lasso / Need help
Last post by geneviker96 - April 25, 2024, 02:33:40 AM
I just downloaded Process Lasso v9.0.0.290. Text and controls in Process Lasso are not crisp on my DPI display, like many other desktop apps. What I need to do?
Process Lasso / Re: Having an error while usin...
Last post by progahn32 - April 25, 2024, 12:26:10 AM
Many games offer options to adjust graphics settings or enable/disable multithreading. Experimenting with these settings might yield better results than using Process Lasso.

Process Lasso can be a tool for tweaking performance, but it's not a guaranteed solution.  If you're experiencing stuttering or frame rate issues, it might be worth trying Process Lasso alongside other optimization techniques. However,  don't expect a miraculous boost.