[SOLVED]"Forcibly terminate" is malfunction

Started by e1q3z9c7, May 27, 2012, 09:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e1q3z9c7

I'm using Process Lasso 5.1.0.82, the newest version.(OS:xp sp3)
When I use the old version like 5.0.x.xx or older, I can forcibly terminate every process.
But when I updated 5.1.x.xx lately, it couldn't work anymore, even the "watch dog" won't terminate anything at all.(this is not true, it's simply because my computer was hang)
The weird part is, if I choose many processes and forcibly terminate them together, it's still work @@
I think it's a big bug, but I cannot find any topic of it on internet, maybe it's my computer's issue? anyone facing the same problem?

MOD EDIT: added [SOLVED] tag :)
~TfH

edkiefer

Are you saying if you start say notepad or calculator that you can't force them close from PL .
What type of app are you trying to close, something like MS service can cause problems as it can be linked to multiple services or critical ones .

Maybe give some examples of ones not able to close .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

[deleted multitude of possibilities] -- problem ended up being the language.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

updated my response to my 'final answer' to this ..

e1q3z9c7

YES!!
It's lang problem, I use Chinese(traditional) and had this issue.
Then I try English, it works just like before.

THX!!

TfH

I tried to replicate on Fin & Eng (XP SP3 VM) and didn't manage to replicate this.

EDIT: this seems to be solved while I typed & tried to replicate :)

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: e1q3z9c7 on May 27, 2012, 11:25:10 PM
YES!!
It's lang problem, I use Chinese(traditional) and had this issue.
Then I try English, it works just like before.

THX!!

Thank you! I will discuss this with my Chinese affiliate and the guy who does the Traditional Chinese translation. We'll figure it out ASAP, and add a unit test in the future to catch the cause if possible.