PL and gaming - wow.

Started by ibebyi, May 07, 2013, 06:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibebyi

Hi there Support. I just wanted to chime in and say that your program is so very freaking amazing on so many levels it really is hard to comprehend. And that you've created something so wonderful as a one man/woman team... Pretty damn inspiring stuff if I'm to be honest (coming from an IT admin who can appreciate the scope and polish of your program. seriously, holy crap) :)

Anyway, I have a laptop with an i7-3630qm & 2x nvidia 650m's in SLI. The Microstuttering I kept encountering in games was about to make me throw this laptop out a window. It was this problem that motivated me to look for a sol'n/workaround to at least lower latencies where I could, which ultimately brought me to your program.

After having adjusted some of the probalance settings to exclude fullscreen apps,  & disabling core parking for my high-perf power plan, gaming on my system has improved considerably. And while perhaps the performance/stability gains were really a consequence of disabling core parking and not from your core engine, I've still yet to come across an app/program that can modify these settings as efficiently and clearly as yours does. And to think that that's just one feature of what I'm seeing to be dozens seriously boggles my mind :)

BenYeeHua

Yes, disable core-parking fix some micro-stuttering issues. ;)
I wonder did it give the same effect like disable HT of the processors. :)

parkd1

This latest beta build is really good. I see that the CPU load is really low and the temp for my two cares are in the 60s and 70s. Never had it that low before. What ever he did for this build of the beta is really good.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: parkd1 on May 08, 2013, 10:31:08 AM
This latest beta build is really good. I see that the CPU load is really low and the temp for my two cares are in the 60s and 70s. Never had it that low before. What ever he did for this build of the beta is really good.
http://bitsum.com/changelog/pl/changes.htm#latest
QuoteMany optimizations
;)

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: parkd1 on May 08, 2013, 10:31:08 AM

Thanks! It is not your imagination. I've rewritten large parts of the 'guts', and fixed a few efficiency issues. The end result is a product that *feels* very much faster, in addition to just being faster. I am still ironing out the new code, fixing bugs and such, but everything is looking really nice.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Kryten42

Just my 2c here, but I have noticed a huge difference in the latest beta compared to what I remember from the last version I used, v4.

Well worth buying once more!

Thank you for the great work.  :D

Cheers!
Paul.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Kryten42 on June 05, 2013, 01:19:36 PM
Just my 2c here, but I have noticed a huge difference in the latest beta compared to what I remember from the last version I used, v4.

Well worth buying once more!

Thank you for the great work.  :D

Cheers!
Paul.
Yup, keep the optimize going. ;)