Extend disallowed processes by window text matching

Started by DeadHead, July 01, 2013, 12:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadHead

I wonder if PL would be able to kill browser popup windows that some sites have, by adding the window do disallowed processes somehow? Would be a nice feature, and I wouldn't have to manually close "Party Poker Online" whenever it pops, lol!
Windows 10 Pro 64 (swedish) || Xeon 5650 @ +4 GHz || 24 gig ram || R9280 Toxic

BenYeeHua

Quote from: DeadHead on July 01, 2013, 12:10:29 PM
I wonder if PL would be able to kill browser popup windows that some sites have, by adding the window do disallowed processes somehow? Would be a nice feature, and I wouldn't have to manually close "Party Poker Online" whenever it pops, lol!
lol, Adblock Plus(block ads) and TabMixPlus(force all website open in new tabs instead of new windows) can help you. :)

Jeremy Collake

That's possible, though seems like more the job of a popup blocker. It is fairly easy to do, since I'd base it on user-specified window names and not have to try to guess what pop-ups the user wants closed. I may toss this on in!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

don't most browser have this built in, or easy add-on ?

I only use FF an IE but would think browser is better suited to this ,how would a external tool know what is a popup window from an windows window (hope that makes sense ) ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: edkiefer on July 03, 2013, 01:14:41 PM
don't most browser have this built in, or easy add-on ?

I only use FF an IE but would think browser is better suited to this ,how would a external tool know what is a popup window from an windows window (hope that makes sense ) ?
Yup, the only pop-up that don't block is when you click on that link(For my browser). :)

DeadHead

Quote from: jeremy on July 03, 2013, 12:27:19 PM
That's possible, though seems like more the job of a popup blocker. It is fairly easy to do, since I'd base it on user-specified window names and not have to try to guess what pop-ups the user wants closed. I may toss this on in!

Yeah, this is what I was thinking about, not a general pop-up blocker function. :)
Windows 10 Pro 64 (swedish) || Xeon 5650 @ +4 GHz || 24 gig ram || R9280 Toxic

BenYeeHua

Quote from: DeadHead on July 10, 2013, 07:38:13 PM
Yeah, this is what I was thinking about, not a general pop-up blocker function. :)
Ah...
About this, I wonder did PL can also used for block/close the ads windows.
Some software will pop-up the ads windows at the bottom right. :)
Maybe like * - Nightly etc.