Main Menu

Recent posts

Process Lasso / Re: Process Lasso and Cubase
Last post by fyew-jit-tiv - Today at 04:32:39 AM
Have you ever tried using MSI Mode Utility v3? 

The problems you have explained here is the same i have experienced over the last 10 yrs working with multiple DAW's.  I tried using PL and no matter how far i went i couldnt solve this problem then, the penny dropped. Using the MSI tool allowed me to set the interrupt priority per device.  Making sure my GPU, USB (bus sound cards are connect to) and system drive are all set to high while other devices are set to Normal or low.  Not seen a skip, hop or pop since using this method.

Tip:  If you do give this method a try, apply the modified settings  within the utility restart your system and hop straight into the bios touch nothing exit and save (f10) and proceed as normal.

Tip: DO NOT set interrupt priority to HIGH on all your devices. Doing so will be counter-productive.

Tip: When you launch the MSI tool you may see that some of your devices are set too "Undefined". If these devices are not essential as say your GPU/USB devices then set them to Normal or low.

Warning: Every time you install new gpu drivers and/or upgrade your USB drivers you will have to re-run these steps.

Hope this help!

All the Best.
Process Lasso / Re: per process stop processin...
Last post by Proppracted - Today at 03:17:48 AM
QuoteBlock Blast said:

I use process lasso process watchdog to adjust google chrome but google chrome has multiple processes. the rules used to constantly spam because many of google chromes processes don't do anything leading to the condition being met. Id like to turn off processing rules for the calling process if it meets a certain condition but not the other processes that have the same name as the process. Im not entirely sure if it worked. the stopped processing rules rule doesn't list itself in process lasso when I enabled it. Its possible the cpu usage for the other processes was preventing the rule from being displayed. it seems to not spam the rule as much. but i think thats just because I set the governor and the program to have a 2 second polling latency.

The Process Watchdog feature in Process Lasso allows you to create advanced rules that can take action when a process exceeds a certain threshold of CPU or memory usage
Process Lasso / Re: Default CPU Affinity
Last post by mrthecomputernewb - Today at 02:05:48 AM
K got it! Thanks!
Last post by TheRealBix - Today at 01:04:21 AM
Yes you write that in the process match box but you must select whatever cores you'd like with the select button
You'll get something like this, and then click add rule
Last post by mrthecomputernewb - Yesterday at 10:34:41 PM
Sorry could you walk me through it? I'm kind of a noob at this stuff. If I'm reading this right you're saying to make a new rule in CPU Sets and put that code in the process match? If so do I leave the CPU sets box empty? (The one under process match). Thanks for your time!
Last post by TheRealBix - Yesterday at 10:59:35 AM
Hey, you can take a look at my rule

/^([^,]*,){2}(?!system,|registry,|memory compression,|secure system,)/
It does select everything but system, registry, etc... which cannot be moved to other cores. You can add whatever process name you want inside the brackets by following the scheme.

Put that at the bottom of your rules without the cores you want to keep for windows server (ie: 2-16 or 0-14, etc.. you decides)

I suggest you to use CPU sets instead of CPU affinities as those last aren't well received by every processes.
Process Lasso / Default CPU Affinity
Last post by mrthecomputernewb - Yesterday at 01:03:58 AM
Hey guys! I'm currently trying to run a Minecraft server off of my computer and want to dedicate 2 threads to it and nothing else. I've figured out how to do this but in order to stop games from using them I have to open each one up and set the affinity. Is there a way so that all applications use a certain affinity by default?
General / Re: Can't reconfigure the way ...
Last post by Jeremy Collake - May 22, 2024, 06:20:06 AM
Please check any security software you have installed to see if it blocked the execution of InstallHelper.exe. Otherwise, I'm not immediately sure of the cause, but we'll spend some time trying to reproduce issue.
General / Can't reconfigure the way Proc...
Last post by Seir1993 - May 21, 2024, 11:25:42 PM
Process Lasso Install Assistant window doesn't show up though installhelper.exe is running ( in ProcessExplorer "Properties" dialog, after I click "Bring to Front" button, it says "No visible windows found for this process"). Can't reconfigure the way Process Lasso starts.
In Safe Boot all works fine.
Process Lasso / Re: QoL - About rules prioriti...
Last post by Jeremy Collake - May 21, 2024, 03:10:02 PM
New rules are inserted into the beginning of lists as of v14.0.4.11 beta. This affects all features when rules are added by either the process context menu or config dialogs.

The preserve position on edit is still pending.

If you try the beta, please do let me know if you run into any trouble!