Quick filter operators not working

Started by Coldblackice, September 08, 2024, 04:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldblackice

I could've sworn that quick-filter boxes in the "Processes" and "Actions log" panels were able to accept more than one search operator/parameter at a time, for example, to exclude more than one process with multiple "-" operator filters.

Currently, a "-"/minus only works on the first word. I've tried different delimeters, to no avail. I recall spaces being the delimeter for more than one filter, but this doesn't work, nor commas.

Am I misremembering this being possible? If so, any chance of it being enabled? I often am filtering through the lists of processes and action-log entries, and processes being actively probalanced or spawning a flurry of child-processes (cmd/conhost/dllhost/svchost) can clutter up the screen, especially when trying to follow a separate trail.

Jeremy Collake

I don't think it was ever possible, but you can use regular expressions by encapsulating them in forward slashes.

We'll consider making the filters more robust and intuitive without having to resort to regular expressions, as I do agree it would improve ease of use.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.