Bitsum Highest Performance - suggested change to energy profile for AC

Started by ranko, August 31, 2024, 04:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranko

Hi,

I used the tool QuickCPU to compare Energy Profiles and had some interesting findings
https://coderbag.com/product/quickcpu?fw=upd

1. When comparing "Highest Performance" (hope I got the name right, have german localization) with "Ultimate Performance" (activated with powercfg command), then you will notice surprisingly that there is no difference when running on AC (Plugged In) only for DC (battery).
In the tool select "power settings" and then "compare power plans".
As "Ultimate Performance" is from the product Windows for Workstations I would have expected some interesting settings which bring you even higher performance than Highest Performance but if you take a look, the changed values "in red" are only in the column for DC (battery).
Disappointing, so good old "Highest Performance" seems to be well enough.

2. Then I compared "Highest Performance" with "Bitsums Highest Performance".
Could you kindly add these changes when running plugged (AC Power).

309dce9b-bef4-4119-9921-a851fb12f0f4   Stop Diashow, good for saving some CPU cycles, especially when recording (DAW, Cubase, ...)

Thanks.
Xeon E5-1680v4 | Supermicro X10SRi-F | 64GB DDR4 ECC | MSI RTX4070 Ventus | X710-DA2 | Win10 Pro 22H2

Jeremy Collake

Sure, we'll consider that. The friendly name for that attribute is "Turn on desktop background slideshow (plugged in)", for clarity to readers. The trade-off is obviously that the slideshow will not work. I would guess the difference is difficult to quantify, but it does align with the mission statement of BHP.

One advantage of BHP is that we can act more quickly than Microsoft or OEMs when it comes to making performant adjustments.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.