Should ProBalance be enabled in "Performance Mode"?

Started by Coldblackice, May 13, 2024, 10:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldblackice

Is there a benefit to having ProBalance enabled while in "Performance Mode"? I noticed that my ProBalance is disabled in this mode, but can't remember whether I disabled it manually or if it's meant to be the default.

It seems like it should be beneficial, though I wonder if it could cause micro frame hitches by intervening with scheduling while processing of highly sensitivity frame times/timing that FPS games entail. TIA

Jeremy Collake

Yes, you should leave ProBalance enabled in Performance Mode. We are not aware of any issues with it, and its conservative default settings all but ensure such. ProBalance serves an important role to help keep background processes at bay during gameplay.

That said, after noticing that most Process Lasso guides for Intel 12th+ processors with E-cores suggested to disable ProBalance, we decided to save people the step of turning it off and just defaulted it to off on those platforms. This is part of a larger plan to make the two on-by-default features, ProBalance and automatic game detection for Performance Mode, off by default so that users are encouraged to become aware of them prior to enablement.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.