Guide for Using Lasso for DCS and MSFS

Started by gweston, July 08, 2024, 05:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gweston

There are lot of YouTube videos by numerous people related to performance or reducing stutter in flight sims but they don't all match up and some are quite old now.  Is there a definitive guide on this site on how to go about setting Lasso up, ie which features to use?

Thank you.

gweston

After trying several different approaches with varying results and reviewing the documentation and the recommendations I noted there, I went with something simple and so far no stuttering (which was my primary goal) since I was sometimes getting significant 'pauses' on approach. 

ProBalance: checked
Active Power Profile: Balanced

DCS.exe and flightsimulator.exe
Assign CPU Sets: All P cores (except 0 and 1)
Induce Performance Mode: checked

On game start Lasso switches the Power Profile to Bitsum Highest Performance and then switches back to Balanced when the game closes.

rcentagesick

Quote from: gweston on July 09, 2024, 12:53:02 PMAfter trying several different approaches with varying results and reviewing the documentation and the recommendations I noted there, I went with something simple and so far no stuttering (which was my primary goal) since I was sometimes getting significant 'pauses' on approach. 

ProBalance: checked
Active Power Profile: Balanced

DCS.exe and flightsimulator.exe
Assign CPU Sets: All P cores (except 0cluster rush1)
Induce Performance Mode: checked

On game start Lasso switches the Power Profile to Bitsum Highest Performance and then switches back to Balanced when the game closes.

Last month when I started the game in Lasso I also encountered constant lag so it was quite annoying and I gave up. I will try a simple setup like yours and will come back to share my experience. ;)

Forwas

As far as I know, Process Lasso may not be necessary for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020, because the simulator itself is quite optimized https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/634833-process-lasso-and-fs2020-best-settingsspace waves