Process Lasso looking for more information about Actions Log

Started by empleat, January 12, 2022, 09:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

empleat

Hello,

I have this line in actions log appearing often, note: this is taken from actual processlasso.log file:
"132864722653176464","01-12-2022 15:44:25","DWM-1","1304","dwm.exe","53","(0x35)","5","c:\windows\system32\dwm.exe","<Not included by option>"

In PL this is appearing almost every second with some pauses like 1 min...

Note: I changed priority of process DWM to "Idle", CPU affinity to "1", I/O priority to "very low", Memory Priority to "0 - lowest". This a tweak to reduce mouse latency, it is great!

But I have problem with video playback, with dropped frames, I don't think this is related: I used this tweak over a year now and never had any problems AFAIK...

I Am just interested what does it mean, I didn't find any information in PL manual. And google didn't find anything for Action (0x35), or More Info 5.

Thank you!

Jeremy Collake

It is an error setting the memory priority. It doesn't have a string defined, which is why there isn't descriptive text in the log view.

Setting a memory priority of '0 - Lowest' is not supported by the OS.

I've now logged an issue to clean this up and transition existing '0 - Lowest' memory priority rules to '1 - Very Low'.

EDIT: Change made as of v10.4.3.1 beta.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

empleat

BTW why are log files creates processlasso.log.txt and processlasso.log0...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 ??? I have disabled loging in Process Lasso, yet these files are recent!

Jeremy Collake

The .txt file is probably something you inadvertently created. The others are archived logs.

In any event, disabling logging won't cause old logs to be deleted, it will just prevent further log event emission.

It is also not a guarantee that the log files will never be touched, though they generally aren't.

I suggest you delete all those log files to start fresh. You can do that manually, or via the 'Clear Log' context menu action in the Log view.

lmstearn

The objective here is to max out DNS Client so to establish connection with internet after bootup/logon. The log does get flooded with the following:
Quote"133434101025249035","DD TT","MYSYSTEM","LOCAL SERVICE","15564","svchost.exe","53","(0x35) ERROR: Memory priority could not be set.","5","","<Not included by option>"
Is this an error regarding permissions?
Once the process has completed the hosts file, it's desirable to return the rig to the default (low) power plan. Could probably do something like that with AutoHotkey, would be nice with PL, if at all possible. :)
Thanks.

Jeremy Collake

QuoteIs this an error regarding permissions?

Looks like it. Alternatively, the process terminated while the rule was being applied.

QuoteOnce the process has completed the hosts file, it's desirable to return the rig to the default (low) power plan.

It's not clear to me what you're doing, but the closest Process Lasso could currently come to doing that would be to define an 'application power profile' rule for that process, so that it will go to the higher power plan, then revert to the original when the process exits. Probably this isn't what you're looking for though, and for particular scripting you'll need to rely on AHK.

lmstearn

Good-ho, thanks. Turns out the process svchost.exe (NetworkService -p) [Dnscache] stays alive until logoff, AHK is the man. :)