Process Peak Usage

Started by bensam123, May 06, 2023, 01:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bensam123

Not sure how active these forums are, but as it seems there is no suggestion spot. It would be nice if there was a way to see 'peak' CPU usage for each process over like a 10m window or possibly longer to nail down processes that aren't behaving well. Some will momentarily spike for less then a second and you can't figure out what's causing it to happen as they come and go almost instantly.

What would also be nice is to see peak usage per core. So if a process is maxing a single core, you'd be able to figure out which is causing it. Some processes are better multithreaded then others.

Jeremy Collake

I agree that would be useful!

We've got some plans to extend the reporting and visualization capabilities. I've rolled these requests into that. I can't promise when or if it'll be done, but it won't be forgotten. I'll reply here with any news.

Thanks for the feedback!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

justaquestion

I think it's a good idea but at the same time I think it really could break things. I think it should be something you could enable optionally. I really like how light on resources and how fast process lasso is able to configure processes. I think things that are going to be used constantly by process lasso should be things you can turn on and off. on the other hand I could see how this could be very useful.