Obs on E-cores

Started by Davidrev89, January 02, 2024, 11:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidrev89

I want to run obs on E-cores only 
For best result :
Should i change game to all p cores or should i keep game an all cores and just obs on E-cores ?

And if someone have more advice for better input lag / latency performance
Or better settings for streaming one pc - i'll be happy
13600kf.
Thanks.

Jeremy Collake

It's hard to predict the best result, you'll have to test it. That said, I'd start with allowing the game to use all cores and putting OBS on E-cores, since that is your stated objective. I can't speak to how well OBS will run when constrained to the E-cores.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Davidrev89

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on January 02, 2024, 12:19:30 PMIt's hard to predict the best result, you'll have to test it. That said, I'd start with allowing the game to use all cores and putting OBS on E-cores, since that is your stated objective. I can't speak to how well OBS will run when constrained to the E-cores.

So i tried and obs is working well.
But the game is still dont feel responsive enough.. and other advice ?
What about pro balance ?

Jeremy Collake

ProBalance is good at keeping other processes from interfering, but if that isn't the source of the responsiveness issue, then it won't show benefit. Furthermore, there's not much else to configure with ProBalance, so it is likely working as well as it can.

I'm not sure what the bottleneck with OBS may be in your case, and that would be the first thing you'd want to determine. Are any system resources maxed out? If not, there may not be much more you can do for it given your hardware.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

denimoppa

Excited to observe this! Excellent ideas and the level of fine detail shared is incredible!
Thank you all!