Switch power plan after exiting performance mode?

Started by Lager159, June 01, 2023, 11:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lager159

Hello, I have tried searching for a solution but to no avail. I have recently started playing with this tool and it seems to be a great way to optimize performance.

I discovered this Performance Mode feature, which works as expected, switching my power plan to Bitsum Highest Performance. However, after the game process ends, while Performance Mode disables, the power plan stays Bitsum Highest Performance. I would like for it to go back to what it was before (or even a predefined one).

I have found IdleSaver but that seems to only trigger when there is no input being sent to the computere (like mouse movement) so that isn't really the same. Is this the only way to achieve this?

EDIT: It actually does switch back when the power plan is Balanced and Power mode is Best Power Efficiency / Best Performance, but does not switch back when the power plan is Balanced and Power mode is also Balanced

Jeremy Collake

Try setting menu item 'Options / Power / Start Process Lasso with Power Profile' to your desired non-gaming power plan or power mode.

That setting, despite its name, serves as a base power profile to return to when there are no other power rules active. It should keep you in Balanced when you aren't gaming.

Let me know how it goes!

QuoteIt actually does switch back when the power plan is Balanced and Power mode is Best Power Efficiency / Best Performance, but does not switch back when the power plan is Balanced and Power mode is also Balanced

I've logged an issue to look into this closer. I will reply with any news.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Lager159

Thank you, although it seems it still behaves the same (does not switch back to balanced power plan when balanced power mode is also set). I've resorted to using balanced plan with power efficiency power mode and it seems to work as expected that way :)

Thank you for this awesome tool!

EDIT:
QuoteTry setting menu item 'Options / Power / Start Process Lasso with Power Profile' to your desired non-gaming power plan or power mode.
I just noticed it didn't apply, when I set this option to "Balanced" it just reverts back to "None" (works with other options). Also, I am running on the latest Windows 11, if that may be of any help.

Jeremy Collake

QuoteEDIT: I just noticed it didn't apply, when I set this option to "Balanced" it just reverts back to "None" (works with other options). Also, I am running on the latest Windows 11, if that may be of any help.

I can confirm this problem. 'Balanced' should not be listed in that submenu, only the 3 overlays (power modes). Selecting any of those overlays will function properly, as you discovered.

We'll be sure to get that fixed in the next release.

Your original issue with Performance Mode not restoring the power plan when it exits is also likely related to the power modes. Ideally, a system should use either power modes *or* power plans, but in some cases like yours, both exist in tandem, and must be handled appropriately. On a pure power mode system, BHP is not available, and Max Performance Overlay is used in its place.

Thanks for the feedback!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.