Hold LCD Brightness level to the same value while switching powerplans on laptop

Started by cschon, June 04, 2023, 05:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cschon

Hello.

At first, thank you for Process Lasso. Using it on all my Hardware.

And here my question.

It would be nice to hold the actual LCD brightness level on the same value while switching through the powerplans with Process Lasso.
On my desktop with external monitor attached, this is no problem because it is not possible to change brightness from Windows 10.
On my laptop (Acer Predator) i use Process Lasso's "Idle Saver" function to save energy after 10 minutes via switching to a power plan with reduced CPU frequency, because of high fan loudness.
So by each switch to another power plan the LCD brightness changes, because Windows stores the brightness value for each power plan separately.
I also use "Performance Mode" switching for some processes, with the same effect.

Is there a solution I overlooked?

BR and sorry for my bad English spelling.

Jeremy Collake

QuoteSo by each switch to another power plan the LCD brightness changes, because Windows stores the brightness value for each power plan separately.

The only workaround is to set the power plans to the same brightness setting. You can clone them if necessary, so that you retain the original ones with variable brightness.

I'm sorry that we don't have a better solution to that problem. Attempting to dynamically change the brightness so that it is consistent between power plans when you want it to be is a can of worms we haven't dared open.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.