Bad beta number (NOT the 5.0.0.52 issue)

Started by gman68w, November 20, 2011, 06:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman68w

The latest Beta listed in the Revisions list is xx.21, but the latest that is installed through auto-update is xx.20. As a result, I can continuously "update" my beta version, which does nothing more than re-install xx.20 multiple times, since it reads that I have xx.20 installed, but that there is a newer version available. One of the version numbers is incorrect.

Jeremy Collake

It is all cleaned up (minutes later) in v5.0.0.21. Very sorry for the trouble. You upgraded at just the wrong time. Try again and it will work. I announced before all uploads had completed due to unusually slow network I/O.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks for the confirmation, and my apologies for it ever happening. New major versions are like this sometimes, a few quirks. I try to be 'here' to fix them as fast as possible.

Hotrod

On a side note, I inadvertently checked the beta update box on one of my slower machines(never meant for this purpose). Now it won't let me uncheck it. This brought the version problem to my attention too, but I really didn't want betas on this PC. This should be fixed to allow the user the choice of backing out of the beta process.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Hotrod on November 20, 2011, 08:16:52 PM
On a side note, I inadvertently checked the beta update box on one of my slower machines(never meant for this purpose). Now it won't let me uncheck it. This brought the version problem to my attention too, but I really didn't want betas on this PC. This should be fixed to allow the user the choice of backing out of the beta process.

Betas are forced to check for betas. So, if you don't want a beta, install a stable build, then you can toggle the switch. I will clarify this in the next beta. You may have v5.0.0.20 beta, in which case just update to the new stable build (just out) and you will be able to toggle it. With stable/final builds, it can be toggled. If you can't toggle it, you have a beta.