CPU Affinity Problem

Started by poorstacy, November 27, 2023, 08:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poorstacy

Process Lasso is defaulting all my processes to 5-7 cores, even new ones and if i change the affinity to 0-7 on an application it resets back to 5-7 once i restart the application

Jeremy Collake

You probably have an overly broad CPU Affinity rule.

Open menu item 'Options / CPU / CPU Affinities...' and see if such a rule exists. If so, remove it. Clear them all and start fresh if necessary.

Let me know how it goes!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

poorstacy

Cleared them changed nothing "game" is still stuck on 5-7 and the anti cheat its using doesnt allow me to change the affinity yet it some how got stuck only using 5-7 cores

Jeremy Collake

You may need to reboot the system to fully clear the old affinities. This is because they may exist on a parent process (e.g. Steam) and propagate to children (e.g. games).

Since the CPU affinity is customized despite the anti-cheat system prohibiting it, that suggests a CPU affinity rule does exist on a parent process and gets inherited by the child.

If the problem persists, then check the Process Lasso log to see if it applied any rules. If it didn't, then the cause may not be Process Lasso.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

poorstacy

restarting worked. Thanks, it defaulted all processes to 5-7, new or old not sure why thanks though.