Regular expressions in rules not working.

Started by DaveB, November 30, 2023, 10:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveB

I'm new to Process Lasso and am pleased that it has made my Cubase usable.

That said, rather than go to each process and set rules, I am trying to create generic rules using regular expressions. For example: I want any version of Cubase to switch to performance mode. When I create a rule such as: cubase1?.exe the performance mode does not activate.

However, if I enter the exact name: cubase12.exe (for example), it DOES work.

The rules dialog says that wildcards are accepted. Perhaps I am confused on the distinction between regular expressions and wildcards, or I am missing something in the syntax.

I'll take another look at the documentation, but could use some assistance.

Jeremy Collake

I found that Performance Mode rules were only allowing wildcards in full pathname matching. Meaning, for your rule, *cubase1?.exe would be necessary.

This is changed as of v12.4.4.1 BETA, coming shortly to the beta channel.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

One final note is that wildcard rules are different from Regular Expressions, and so do not require to be encapsulated by forward-slashes. However, as of today, Performance Mode is one of the rule types that still does not support Regular Expressions. We rolled that out piecemeal to features, and nobody has needed it for Performance Mode thus far, since those rules tend to not require robust matching.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

DaveB

It's easily dealt with, just a bit confusing. So, if I want to match ANY Cubase version, I need to match the entire path?

I'll give that a try. Obviously, I was trying to match the process name.

Thanks!

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: DaveB on December 01, 2023, 01:20:08 PMSo, if I want to match ANY Cubase version, I need to match the entire path?

Yes, simply prepending an asterisk before the match phrase should do it... or upgrade to the latest beta.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.