[suggestion] Preserve process parameters on restart

Started by tbs, December 13, 2011, 12:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbs

Example: software.exe -x -bla -ble -bli -blo -blu -window

Actually Processa Lasso just restart software.exe

Thank you!

Jeremy Collake

It is supposed to restart with full command line in-tact. Which restart mechanism are you using? The 'threshold' (watchdog), 'keep running', or a manual 'restart'?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

tbs

I did a small mistake on reporting this. I think for what I want this is not possible.

I use this software http://www.ntwind.com/software/hstart.html to open a "software" on Windows startup in hidden mode. Sometimes the "software" has some problem (it's rare) and take 99% of cpu indefinitely, then watchdog restart the process and the gui of this software popup in my screen.

This is my startup shortcut: X:\hstart\hstart.exe /NOCONSOLE "x:\software\softwarebbb parameter bla ble bli blo".

Watchdog will restart "softwarebbb" and their parameter. No solution in this case, right? I need this software in hidden mode always.

I hope you understand.

Jeremy Collake

I understand. I will evaluate and test the restart mechanism of the watchdog. It may not be passing the parameters correctly, or the way that it sets up the rules for you may be incorrect. I'll know more soon. This is definitely something that needs to work though, so I will have an answer for it.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.