5.1.0.28 Restraint History in GUI

Started by Neo, December 17, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo

I may be mistaken -- it wouldn't be the first time nor will it be the last -- but it appears to me that the restraint history column isn't being updated.  In fact, it's completely blank and I've never seen it completely blank on my system.  However, I'm seeing balloon messages from ProcessLasso telling me information like, "process x priority lowered" and "process x has stopped affecting system resources".  I'm assuming lowering the priority of a process is the same as restraining it.  If not, please set me straight.

Thanks.

edkiefer

yes, you should . I see restraints on for example firefox multiple times . It will also list down in action logs of GUI .

I don't know, maybe try resting to default settings . Options>probalance>configuration probalance general settings>restore defaults .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Neo

Perhaps I wasn't clear...  The point I was trying to make was that, even though processes are being restrained (as evidenced by the balloon messages I'm seeing), the "restraint history" column in my GUI isn't being updated.  Shouldn't it be?

Be that as it may, I've reset ALL defaults (per your suggestion) and I'll see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

edkiefer

I said , yes you should as I see it working ok with .28 .
So i have no idea at this point your issue .

Maybe give as much info on your system specs , mine is core due 2.1 on XP SP3 .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

There is an issue that could throw this metric off at times, or cause it not to register (be empty), I am investigating it. As usual, it is due to my obsessiveness with keeping the GUI 'at sleep' when it isn't actively in use.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.