Main Menu

New site logo

Started by Jeremy Collake, July 03, 2012, 09:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Thanks to Jennifer Cripps for her work on our new logo (on the main site). I hacked on it some, so will show you here original work here. You can find more of her work here: http://www.jennifercripps.com/
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

DeadHead

Windows 10 Pro 64 (swedish) || Xeon 5650 @ +4 GHz || 24 gig ram || R9280 Toxic

Miroku4444

Very professional looking, i like it.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks, I am deploying the new PL logo in the next build (hopefully). I have to work on it a bit, crop, resize, adjust color depth, and otherwise make it small enough - etc... Not gonna put a 500KB image in there just to have a splash screen, lol. However, 50KB is probably worth it.

Miroku4444

Quote from: bitsum.support on July 05, 2012, 02:13:40 PM
Thanks, I am deploying the new PL logo in the next build (hopefully). I have to work on it a bit, crop, resize, adjust color depth, and otherwise make it small enough - etc... Not gonna put a 500KB image in there just to have a splash screen, lol. However, 50KB is probably worth it.

PNG or jpeg?

Wait, that would be an ICO image?

Jeremy Collake

PNG and/or BMP most likely will be utilized. ICO only if the primary icon changes, but these images are not sized correctly (squared) for such a change. I do need a new application icon, but this isn't it.

DeadHead

Considering how few colors, I'd say go for an optimized gif - could probably have it down to single digits in size ;)
Windows 10 Pro 64 (swedish) || Xeon 5650 @ +4 GHz || 24 gig ram || R9280 Toxic

Hotrod

If you go with a gif you could work with the artist involved and make an animated swirly at the top of the forum and on website ads without being too large in file size. I think that would be a cool eye catcher and might draw some sales.

Jeremy Collake

As for the splash screen on the installer, yea an optimized GIF given the limited colors would likely be best. Animated GIF, probably not an option because I don't want to push my luck with free art ;p. Sadly, within the program, I'm working with other constraints - which is why I said BMP. No GIFs there. Limited PNG support in newer editions of Windows, but mostly BMP. Fortunately, BMPs can compress pretty well.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: davinjee on July 18, 2012, 04:45:16 PM
Nice logo!
Yup~
But Admin forgot to change his avatar to the new logo ;D