Process Lasso 6.0.0.58

Started by Miroku4444, July 25, 2012, 12:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miroku4444

I noticed that sometimes the system tray icon doesn't display the right CPU usage. Sometimes my PC is only using like 3-5% CPU usage, but for a split second the system tray icon is half full meaning 50% cpu usage.

runuts

:-[ here is an similar problem... it doesn't change - ‘all green’

BenYeeHua

Quote from: runuts on July 25, 2012, 01:45:58 PM
:-[ here is an similar problem... it doesn't change - ‘all green’

Are you sure that is showing a CPU usage?
Maybe is showing the system responsiveness as it always 100% responsiveness.
Or check that is PL process eating or not.
----
And you speak(type) English is ok~
I can see the qq, and 360 at there~(and translate tool  ;D )
But beware of qq安å...¨ç®¡å®¶ï¼Œit fight with 360 and eating the cpu.(the driver are fighting each other, although one of them are not running)
----
Miroku, try changing the "recheck processes every" to 250 millisecond if the cpu usage are not locked at 50%.
Maybe some process eating one processor in short time.
If not, try open Task Manager and check which process are using 50% usage.
If it is PL process eating, so it is PL issues.
-----
Found one "maybe" having the same issues
http://bitsum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1628.0/topicseen.htm

Edited for correcting some Language error  :P

Jeremy Collake

Please try v6.0.0.61 and report back. Thank you.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Miroku4444

I'll let you know, as it doesn't do it all the time.

I did notice the update system changed as is set off my comodo's defense system. I gave the new process's permission, and it seemed to update fine. I did notice though it said error:unknown string(or something) in the update box. Is that normal, did it mean the update didn't work? The log is showing my version as 6.0.0.61 now.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Miroku4444 on July 26, 2012, 02:11:52 AM
I'll let you know, as it doesn't do it all the time.

I am pretty confident, as I know why it didn't do it all the time too (and why it was missed in testing). It depended on how close together two timers were. Thus, it would happen only to an unlucky few, some of the time. The fix is pretty definite for me, I woke up - looked at the code - and slapped myself on the head ;).

I did notice the update system changed as is set off my comodo's defense system. I gave the new process's permission, and it seemed to update fine. I did notice though it said error:unknown string(or something) in the update box. Is that normal, did it mean the update didn't work? The log is showing my version as 6.0.0.61 now.

As for Comodo, I can't control them, but can say that in the future I won't be updating the auto-update component, so it may remember better. These first few updates I just wanted to play it safe. That said, it does do a FULL SCAN of the SFX before allowing the update, so it may very well alert on every update until the new certificate is whitelisted.

The brief MISSING STRING error in that download dialog is normal, and the way to resolve it is to do a proper install of v6. On some systems, the auto-update component doesn't have permission to update itself (by the design of the old component), thus it remains as-is. A full install (no uninstall needed) will fix things up. On systems where the auto-update component can replace itself, this problem resolves itself - or should. Even if your language has not translated those strings. Russian may be an exception, I must double check it.

I am correcting for the MISSING STRING issue, but by then it is a non-issue anyway. Basically it is due to the localization of this dialog, something many requested. Regardless, the dialog is short-lived, this error not seen by most, and so it is not a huge deal.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Miroku4444

Ok, thanks. Ill do a proper install later today. :)