PC versus Operating System

Started by AtlBo, April 02, 2013, 10:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtlBo

Question about settings for the various Windows operating systems.  I am using XP, and I have Options->General Settings->"Check processes every" set to 250 ms.  This is the fastest possible setting.  Also, I have enabled the "Gaming/multi-media mode" in the Main tab.

The question is, if I change OS to Vista or 7, how much significance should I place in the change when it comes to settings for Process Lasso?

Jeremy Collake

There's no specific changes you would need to make. Every installation is different with regards to what applications are installed, the hardware installed, and the combinations of each.

A refresh rate of 250ms achieves maximum response rate by Process Lasso, but does cause Process Lasso to consume more CPU cycles. It still remains quite marginal, but...
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Yes, like windows vista/7 is much better than windows XP for gaming/multi-threads, but windows 8 is better for bad optimize game.
I has get many people report to me that, windows 8 increase the FPS. :)

But you can try disable core parking, forcing to running the timer resolution to 0.5 ms and more.
Which increase the respond.
----
Back to topic, trust your feeling.
And maybe buy a SSD too. ;)

AtlBo

Thanks for the advice.  I will probably be using Windows 7 eventually, and I am working to prepare myself little by little...

:)

BenYeeHua

Quote from: AtlBo on April 05, 2013, 03:45:42 AM
Thanks for the advice.  I will probably be using Windows 7 eventually, and I am working to prepare myself little by little...

:)
Ya, it depend on how fast you can change yourself, and you wanna change or not.
Like me, I am still using Windows 8, for the first time I use, I just lol ;D
And now, sometimes I remote support/control the other computer that has Windows 7 and found out I miss the good shortcut list by right click on the start menu. ;)