Process Lasso 6.0.0.83 beta restores XP compatibility (affected last beta only)

Started by Jeremy Collake, August 19, 2012, 12:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Since Visual Studio 2012 dropped XP/2003 as a build target, the last beta .81 (silently released) would not run under XP/2003 - with a 'module not valid' message. This build fixes that. There may be other anomalies, but we needed to make the switched to Visual Studio 2012.  Pending a coming update form Microsoft to restore XP/2003 as a build target, we are having to use the older platform toolset (VC10) from VS2012. Windows 2000 support has been discontinued by Process Lasso, but a last viable build is available, and it may be updated from time to time.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Keefa

Doesn't seem to work on XP pro x64, though. "The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 could not be located in the dynamic library KERNEL32.dll."

Jeremy Collake

Jeremy Collake

It was a simple build configuration error :o. I am uploading a new beta, .85, after it finishes building.

Keefa

Excellent to hear the fix was this quick. ;) Thanks!

Edit: Tried it, works perfectly.

Jeremy Collake

It turns out my old XP x64 test bed got tossed out by accident in a cleanup a while back. Once you get about 20 virtual machines, it gets a bit cumbersome ;p. Anyway, I am installing it now to properly test .85, which is already uploaded, though not yet announced. I need to make sure it runs before announcing it. If it doesn't, then it will be .87 which has the final fix. However, either way, this is resolved, or about to be resolved.

Jeremy Collake

We cross-posted ;). Excellent! Thanks for testing that build, I will go ahead and announce, as I'm fairly confident even prior to my testing in XP x64 (famous last words). I hope to pull this to final within the next 12 hours, though have MANY small little issues to deal with that people have requested, or the product otherwise needs.

Jeremy Collake

... and testing has officially passed here in my newly created XP x64 test bed. Anyone who does have any troubles, please state them now ...

Tarnak

I guess this problem was with  64 bit and, not 32 bit...because I have no problem with my XP.

Jeremy Collake

Yes, it was only with the 64-bit build, but that is over now. I have a test bed and am running it in XP x64 right now. I have went final with the build, in fact. It was time to move forward, though there is still more to do (as always).

Tarnak

Just as well, since I keep updating to the latest beta...as they come.  ;D