Version 6.98 is a Resource Hog for Me

Started by suzzie12, August 31, 2012, 09:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzzie12

Using V 6.98 on Win XP. 

My previous version 6.78 ran for a while then crashed...so Ive upgraded to V6.98.

Have a real problem here...Process Lasso shows that the new version is using from 13%-33% of my CPU.  Previous versions did not cause me such agnst.

Whats up?  Is this something new?  Can it be fixed in an updated Version.

I run Photoshop and Video Editing...and I CAN NOT afford to have an app taking up 13-30% of my resources.

Hope you can understand.

Let me know if you are aware of this inappropriate behavior...and if I can fix it my making adjustments...or waiting for a newer release.

Its a nice product...but it just crossed the line for me...it it cant be fixed...ill need to un-install Proces Lasso.

Thanks

Suzzie.

BenYeeHua

QuoteProcess Lasso shows that the new version is using from 13%-33% of my CPU.
Did the Windows Task Manager also showing the PL using (almost) the same CPU usage?
Edit:And how about when the windows of PL is closed?

Jeremy Collake

I can not explain at all why there would be a variance in behavior between versions. There has been no change to the GUI that would cause a difference in behavior like this. In fact, VERY LITTLE has changed, and I've not heard anything like this before. The only thing remotely similar is on some minority of systems the graph consumes a lot of CPU cycles, but that would not have changed between versions.

It is more likely that some *other* software is injecting its hooks into Process Lasso and causing this CPU utilization. Security software would be the #1 candidate. Try excluding Process Lasso's process(es) from your security software (most has this option). Otherwise, check to see what DLLs have been injected into Process Lasso's address space.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

QuoteIt is more likely that some *other* software is injecting its hooks into Process Lasso and causing this CPU utilization. Security software would be the #1 candidate. Try excluding Process Lasso's process(es) from your security software (most has this option). Otherwise, check to see what DLLs have been injected into Process Lasso's address space.
For example, MacType, it causing some software open error, because it inject when the software is opening.  ;)
And it causing some software that running in <1 second will frozen and you need to kill it.

Jeremy Collake

FWIW, I am currently doing more extensive testing in XP. After the switch to Visual Studio 2012, and focus on getting Windows 8 ready, I haven't done as much testing as I should have in XP. That said, were this something that happened on all XP systems, I'd definitely have heard another report, or seen it in the testing I have done in XP. I am watching it in an XP test bed right now and not seeing the same results. If you can report your security software, I will test with it.

Jeremy Collake

Also note that you can, of course, simply CLOSE the GUI (ProcessLasso.exe), keeping the background core engine (ProcessGovernor.exe) running, and it will continue to do the *real work*. You can then open the GUI only if you need to make configuration changes.

BenYeeHua

Yes, that what I do when I install it on a netbook.  :)