Two wishes from a long time PL user

Started by cdysthe, June 07, 2009, 08:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdysthe

Hi,

I only have two wishes for the current version of PL. With those two in place it's the perfect Windows enhancement solution in my opinion. The two issues are:

1. Be able to perform the same right click actions on entries in the Actions log as for Running processes. I often want to adjust processes I see in the log, but they are currently not running.

2. A "Run" dialog like taskmanagers have. Since I for all practical purposes use PL as my task manager it would be good to have a "Run" dialog available.

Other than that I'm 100% happy with PL right now! :)

//C

Hotrod

I second the motion for the first option.  ;D 
The second is easily done from the start menu of Windows.

cdysthe

Quote from: Hotrod on June 07, 2009, 12:59:25 PM
I second the motion for the first option.  ;D 
The second is easily done from the start menu of Windows.

That's if you have Windows Explorer running. Sometimes I actually needs to start a shell from the run menu, and the best place for me to have it is in the task manager I use the most.

Robz

I would also find the right click options in log entrys very useful, perhaps you could even add a "Run" and/or "Run with parameter" to the menu. Regards Rob

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: cdysthe on June 07, 2009, 08:36:24 AM
1. Be able to perform the same right click actions on entries in the Actions log as for Running processes. I often want to adjust processes I see in the log, but they are currently not running.
2. A "Run" dialog like taskmanagers have. Since I for all practical purposes use PL as my task manager it would be good to have a "Run" dialog available.

Both good ideas, I'll put them on the list -- and hopefully get them in a future version.

Thanks!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Hotrod

I thought I would bump this thread again as it seemed alot of people liked the idea. It would certainly make adjusting intermittent problem processes easier.

Jeremy Collake

Please hold, I'll see what I can do - just added to my most immediate todo list. I will at the very least get started on them as soon as tonight.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.