Main window will not open/white screen but Core Engine Works

Started by nomje, September 22, 2024, 01:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomje

Basically the title. I have my process lasso run on startup and have the core run in the background no issues every time. Only recently I have been unable to open the main window. Now every time I try to run it it doesn't show up on the desktop only in the taskbar with a white screen and in the little carrot thing in the bottom right. Everything I've tried only makes it show up in the taskbar with the same white screen. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling it yet because I don't want to redo all my settings again. I've tried updating it and it still does the same thing.

Jeremy Collake

Hmm, that's unusual and we don't have any similar reports of trouble, so I'm not immediately sure how to explain it.

You can put %programdata%\ProcessLasso in Explorer's navigation bar to get to the config on your filesystem. The path once resolved is usually "C:\ProgramData\ProcessLasso". Copy the "config" subfolder somewhere safe and then you can wipe it out to see if any rule you had set makes a difference. I don't suspect that's the issue.

Otherwise, we can glean much more information if you submit a dump to us. You can create one with the Task Manager by opening the Details tab, right-clicking on the ProcessLasso.exe process, and selecting 'Create dump file'. Then upload it to https://bitsum.com/minidumps
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

dariusjast

Try temporarily disabling other running programs to see if any are causing the issue.
Visit your graphics card manufacturer's website (e.g., NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and download the latest drivers for your specific model.
It's often recommended to perform a clean installation of the drivers, which involves removing the old drivers before installing the new ones.

nomje

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on September 22, 2024, 07:32:30 AMHmm, that's unusual and we don't have any similar reports of trouble, so I'm not immediately sure how to explain it.

You can put %programdata%\ProcessLasso in Explorer's navigation bar to get to the config on your filesystem. The path once resolved is usually "C:\ProgramData\ProcessLasso". Copy the "config" subfolder somewhere safe and then you can wipe it out to see if any rule you had set makes a difference. I don't suspect that's the issue.

Otherwise, we can glean much more information if you submit a dump to us. You can create one with the Task Manager by opening the Details tab, right-clicking on the ProcessLasso.exe process, and selecting 'Create dump file'. Then upload it to https://bitsum.com/minidumps

I tried deleting the config folder and that didn't work. I saved my profile and copy pasted the old stuff in now since it didn't fix it. I just uploaded the dump file to the link you sent under the name "nomje ProcessLasso.DMP" and I will attach it here too. Lmk what you find out. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling since I didn't want to lose my settings but did I have them saved since I tried your fix with the config folder? Or did I delete all my settings when I did that cause then I'll just reinstall it. Thanks!

Jeremy Collake

Got it! I see you're running an older Windows 10 build. This issue could be related to dark mode, so please try importing this .REG file to disable Process Lasso's dark mode support. Then restart Process Lasso.

And to answer your question: If you copied your old config folder back in, your settings should still be there.

nomje

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on September 24, 2024, 08:04:56 AMGot it! I see you're running an older Windows 10 build. This issue could be related to dark mode, so please try importing this .REG file to disable Process Lasso's dark mode support. Then restart Process Lasso.

And to answer your question: If you copied your old config folder back in, your settings should still be there.
I tried to click your link and I got a 404 error page not found. Image attached. That's really weird because I'm on windows 11. This system used to be a windows 10 machine and then I upgraded to windows 11 via windows update and more recently clean installed my windows in January since I haven't in the past 5 years and wanted to clean up my system. I will try that REG file fix when I'm able to. Off topic but could my system reading as windows 10 be a bigger issue?

Jeremy Collake

Sorry, I fixed the link: https://dl2.bitsum.com/files/registry/processlasso_darkmode_disable.zip

No, Windows 10 isn't any problem. Your system DLLs appeared to be older, hence I thought you were on it. I would be curious to see an "sfc /scannow" command run on the system, just to be sure things are in order