Change tray icon to traffic light

Started by Hipoalergeniko, November 29, 2012, 04:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hipoalergeniko

PL is not showing the usual traffic light on the tray icon, instead it shows its logo. How can i change it back to a traffic light?

Jeremy Collake

What does the log indicate? This could indicate a perpetual ProBalance event that keeps getting repeated..
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Hipoalergeniko

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on November 29, 2012, 09:50:36 PM
What does the log indicate? This could indicate a perpetual ProBalance event that keeps getting repeated..
Sorry, i meant that whenever a probalance event occurs (most of the time it does not) pl shows its logo as the tray icon instead of the traffic light. MOst of the time the system is idle or not under heavy load.

Jeremy Collake

Oh, ok... Hmm... this could be the color depth of your monitor. Please check your Display settings/properties and make sure the color depth is set to maximum.

Hipoalergeniko

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on November 30, 2012, 02:59:02 PM
Oh, ok... Hmm... this could be the color depth of your monitor. Please check your Display settings/properties and make sure the color depth is set to maximum.
Color depth is already at 32bit. Maybe the cause is the language? This windows 7 home premium (32bit) installation is in spanish (mexico).

Jeremy Collake

Well, it could be the regional/locale settings I suppose, though it shouldn't matter. Similarly, the way I build the resources makes it so the resource DLLs for all languages share the same graphics. It is odd, I am not sure what else could cause it. If you are using any third-party software that manipulates or manages the system tray, then that could cause it.

Hipoalergeniko

I´ll try a clean installation tomorrow.

Jeremy Collake

Is your taskbar normal sized and positioned? The issue, presumably, is that Windows is selecting the icon it thinks best matches your display from a group of icons I point it to. I've never seen it select anything but the traffic light icon from this group, for use in the system tray. When used elsewhere (e.g. the application icon shown in the shell), Windows will usually select the higher resolution icon you are seeing, depending on color depth and maybe screen resolution.

Jeremy Collake

Note that I had a report recently via email of something similar and the cause was a third-party system tray management application. These applications completely replace the standard system tray, thus may select different icons from Windows and have other anomalies.

BenYeeHua

So the traffic light has been taken by other software ;D

Jeremy Collake

I actually noticed that icon was used in my HighPoint RAID application software, lol. It is clip-art that comes with Visual Studio, so no surprise. I am replacing it with a 'rotating' action icon.

BenYeeHua

Because many image that you can found in the Internet is copyright.
So why taking the risk while just using the default clip-art. ;D