Seeing UAC prompts at login? Run the installer again

Started by Jeremy Collake, December 02, 2012, 04:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

One bug I'm addressing is that after changing the elevation state via the main menu and not 'Reconfigure the way Process Lasso starts' you may see UAC prompts at login. I'm addressing this now, but for anyone experiencing it, the simple fix is to run the installer again. YES, Process Lasso can start elevated WITHOUT UAC prompts.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Jeremy Collake

Yep, that is what it uses. Sadly, there is one caveat. Programs set to start in the Task Scheduler start after those in the registry. Thus, there is sometimes a good delay of up to a minute after user login :o

BenYeeHua

Yup, just facing it today, after the BSOD, but without a delay with normal start, the powerful of Superfetch ;)

Jeremy Collake

FWIW, Process Lasso has used the Task Scheduler for years now. The issue was that when the user changed the elevation state in the Main menu, a bug caused it to not adjust the Task Scheduler entry.

I long ago created a proxy launcher for MANUAL LAUNCHES that invokes Process Lasso via the Task Scheduler, working around UAC even for manual launches. However, it was has not been employed (yet).