Save window position and size

Started by Sfwrtr, January 09, 2013, 10:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfwrtr

Could you please make process lasso remember its position and size on the screen.

In the windows API this is simply done with GetWindowPlacement and SetWindowPlacement.

This would be a great enhancement, especially with new automatic updates showing up often and resetting the program's screen placement.

Thanks,
Robert

BenYeeHua

Ah, another person that facing this problem.
Quote from: Jeremy Collake on January 08, 2013, 09:54:29 PM
UPDATE: I have determined for *certain* that it is the function that does the sanity checks on saved child window positions that is malfunctioning. Adjustments to it have had some side effects and need more testing, but it is being worked on.

Same goes for the briefly shown GUI in some cases (before it self-minimizes).
And ya, the dev has know this problem, and will try fixing it. :)

Jeremy Collake

Fixed in v6.0.2.39 beta. It broke due to a change a few versions ago addressing a separate complaint. Failure was in regression testing.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Jeremy Collake

Thanks for the confirmations. The child window (pane) positions not always being preserved if they are too small, or too tall, I've still got to evaluate.

edkiefer

It seems to remember both overall GUI window size and lower panel window size where logs are .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

I did make a minor adjustment to the child window persistence code too (the sanity check I've referenced), but didn't test it. So, maybe that is all it needed. I do have to test it further before I declare a fix though.