Individual priorities for duplicate processes

Started by Hotrod, March 14, 2009, 05:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrod

I remember this topic being discussed before but I can't seem to find the old post so I started a new one. Feel free to move this to the appropriate topic heading.

My problem is with setting process default priorities for processes with the same name, but in different directories or for different applications.

For example:

I set process #1 through the default priorities dialogue box from the main menu.

C:WINDOWSmyapplication1myprocess.exe --> set to Above Normal priority

I set another process #2 the same way but with a different priority.

C:Program Filesmyapplication2myprocess.exe --> set to Below Normal priority.

Upon checking my PL GUI I find each still set to Normal Priority. Even after rebooting. If I try right clicking each process to set default priority, I find none of the options selected. If I then select a priority for either app, it is applied to both. Upon returning to the Menu default priority dialogue I find the process "myprocess.exe" has been added without a directory structure, but with the chosen priority. This explains why it is applied to both, so I remove this entry and leave behind my specific ones but they don not ever take effect. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Intel Celeron 2.00 Ghz, 1.00 GB of RAM
Windows XP SP3
Process Lasso 3.52.1

Jeremy Collake

Hmm.. Did you enable the 'Match wildcards to pathnames too' option at the bottom of the 'Configure Default Priorities' dialog? If not, that may be the problem.. if I understand you correctly. By default, Process Lasso only looks at the process base names.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Hotrod

I will try that when I get home from work. I had assumed that would only work if the pathnames had wildcards in them. My mistake. That sounds like it will probably make it work. I'll let you know either way it goes.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Hotrod on March 16, 2009, 02:34:06 PM
I had assumed that would only work if the pathnames had wildcards in them.

Yes, the wording is very confusing. I will adjust it.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Hotrod

That did the trick. Thanks for helping me pull my head out.  :D