ProLasso 6 don't speed up my software

Started by SAM, January 24, 2013, 05:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAM

Hi,

I run a Fujitsu Lifebook T4220 (Intel Cor 2 Centrino T7500, 2.2 GHz and 3,5 GHz of RAM) with Windows Vista Pro SP2. I got ProLasso Free 6 with GiveAway of the Day to try to free me of the lags and stall processing  that I get with a speech recognition software (Dragon Naturally Speaking 12). Many times, when I do a simple correction of a word, the software come inaccessible for a while, earing the PC spinning fast. Since I installed ProLasso, the problem is still same. I don’t want to buy ProLasso if it can’t remedy to that. Is-it an ajustement of the software I need?

Thanks!

BenYeeHua

First.
Quote3,5 GHz of RAM
It is 4GB of RAM, and 0.5GB is been used by graphic card and BIOS.
If this world has 3,5 Ghz of RAM, we don't need L3 cache in processor. ;D
----
Yes, open the Process Lasso(GUI), and find the process of speech recognition software, right click on it, and select "Exclude this process from-Exclude from ProBalance restraint".
This is because the process is running as background process, so it will be managed by ProBalance and causing it lag.
But doing this might be causing the foreground process(the program that you are select by mouse and using it) lag, as the speech recognition software are using most of your processor resource.
Let me know if it really making the foreground process lag.

nikkil

Hi, sorry but I got lost on the conversation. Do we simply to to upgrade the specs here to avoid lag?
You're never a loser until you quit trying.

Jeremy Collake

Process Lasso simply can't remedy all problems that result in a stall/freeze/hang/etc.. and don't believe ANY software that claims it can!

It's nearly impossible to guess what is going on, but if Process Lasso could have efficacy at combating it, it probably would have already. PCs are very complex systems with so many applications and drivers that it becomes a bit chaotic. Probably the only thing you can do is switch to alternate software, if available, instead of the software that is causing you the headache (Dragon I believe in this case).
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on January 29, 2013, 10:23:22 AM
Process Lasso simply can't remedy all problems that result in a stall/freeze/hang/etc.. and don't believe ANY software that claims it can!

It's nearly impossible to guess what is going on, but if Process Lasso could have efficacy at combating it, it probably would have already. PCs are very complex systems with so many applications and drivers that it becomes a bit chaotic. Probably the only thing you can do is switch to alternate software, if available, instead of the software that is causing you the headache (Dragon I believe in this case).
Yup, maybe it don't optimize enough for it. :)

SAM

Quote from: BenYeeHua on January 25, 2013, 03:10:06 AM
First.It is 4GB of RAM, and 0.5GB is been used by graphic card and BIOS.
If this world has 3,5 Ghz of RAM, we don't need L3 cache in processor. ;D
----
Yes, open the Process Lasso(GUI), and find the process of speech recognition software, right click on it, and select "Exclude this process from-Exclude from ProBalance restraint".
This is because the process is running as background process, so it will be managed by ProBalance and causing it lag.
But doing this might be causing the foreground process(the program that you are select by mouse and using it) lag, as the speech recognition software are using most of your processor resource.
Let me know if it really making the foreground process lag.

Sorry for the long time to reply. I wanted to be sure that the "Exclude this process from-Exclude from ProBalance restraint" comand stop the lag. But after many trials, that don't change the problem. May be my computer has not enought processors to process all informations of Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Thanks for your answer!

BenYeeHua

Quote from: SAM on February 13, 2013, 09:15:23 PM
Sorry for the long time to reply. I wanted to be sure that the "Exclude this process from-Exclude from ProBalance restraint" comand stop the lag. But after many trials, that don't change the problem. May be my computer has not enought processors to process all informations of Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Thanks for your answer!
You can asking for their support, to check it has any options to reduce the CPU usage or not.
As I can see that, they has start supporting multi-core in their software, which might also has some ways to reduce the CPU usage too.

http://www.nuance.com/for-business/by-product/dragon/product-resources/system-requirements/index.htm
And yes, the recommend system requirements is based on desktop CPU, so it need higher performance than your CPU.
----
You are welcome, Happy Chinese New Year for you. ;)

AtlBo

SAM...this setting changed everything for me...

Options->General Settings->Check processes every...->250 ms

Don't disable ProBalance for any of your programs.

Taking this discussion a little deeper to attempt to establish what is happening with SAM's PC...

Sorry to post speculation here on the Bitsum board, but the best I can determine, Process Lasso is adding to the native run time management routines of Windows routines that aren't in MS' antequated ones.  I could be wrong, but the run-time characteristics of process management in Windows do not seem to me to have changed fundamentally since the Windows 98 SE update.  Addtionally, I don't think the MS optimization routines have EVER taken into account things such as the response times of your hardware, temp changes, and other parts related data.  This is why PCs crash without PL.  The process for creating optimization levels is present in Windows, but the mechanism for creating and managing them is off the charts lame and slow to respond, and it doesn't factor in the critical resposes of your hardware.  Windows by itself simply cannot even keep up with users who use their PCs for the most limited of purposes, much less power users.

The genius of PL (based on my experiences with the program) is that it takes advantage of the one strength that the optimization routines in Windows have...based on my usage of Windows through the years I would say, since 98 SE, Windows data management has included routines that factor out boundaries for how deeply optimization can occur.  This is a huge plus that I would say was developed for the purposes of forward compatibility with future Windows versions and future hardware.  However, the native process for creating new levels of optimization, although unlimited in potential, is simply not adequate at gathering data to create the levels fast enough to meet the demands of users.  The result is that the door is open, but Windows does not adapt.  This is why everything runs so well on a new installation of Windows but then over time begins to run less well and performance degrades.  On the other hand, PL adds routines that, when combined with the native ones, cause your system to manage the use of your PC taking into account not just your user habits, as with the native code, but also telemetry from your PC parts, and new levels of optimization begin to occur through the open door in MS' run-time management code.  The information that should be in your RAM memory and in your page file are there as they should be.  The result is that over time your PC will adjust to your usage tendencies and habits at an alarmingly increasing rate of speed with PL in the system tray.  Plain and simple the MS routines do nothing but break machines, mostly by breaking Windows, honestly.  Also, however, there are tons of undue stresses put on PC parts by native run-time process management (or lack thereof).

Today, just about every program is a multi-task in one.  We use 8-10 browser tabs, programs are full of features, and games are crazy full of processes.  PL is managing them all on my PC, and I know it will on yours too.  Give it some time to adapt and have it's effect on the deepest routines on your system.   Pay a little attention to what's going on inside by listening to your processor and RAM.  You will see improvement.

Just for the record...optimization is a triangle with PL on board.  MS' native optimization routine is a straight line function.  This is akin to a tricycle with only two wheels.  I could try to use it, but I wouldn't get anything done no matter how hard I tried until I added the third wheel...

AtlBo

BTW SAM I have almost the same PC setup as you, and I use Dragon, too.  My PC is equipped with a core 2 duo (E6400) processor and 4 GB RAM.  Keep going with Process Lasso...it will achieve the results you are after over time...

BenYeeHua

Quote from: AtlBo on February 16, 2013, 03:33:09 PM
BTW SAM I have almost the same PC setup as you, and I use Dragon, too.  My PC is equipped with a core 2 duo (E6400) processor and 4 GB RAM.  Keep going with Process Lasso...it will achieve the results you are after over time...
Just Google it a bit, yes, almost.
----
Maybe op don't clean his laptop, causing overheat, and drop of CPU frequency...

sys-eng

Frequently used programs such as Dragon and Process Lasso should be added to the trusted or excluded list for the antivirus real-time protection.  If not, there may be some delay while the antivirus scans the executable and program files.