Process Lasso not displaying per-core CPU utilization on Dell M4700

Started by Cheapbyte, March 20, 2013, 08:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheapbyte

I have an issue with the any version of process lasso in that it won't display the per core CPU utilization on my new Dell M4700 with an Intel i7 3520M CPU. I have tried it on my older Dell M4500 and it works fine. If you need anything from me to troubleshoot, let me know.  Thanks for a great program, I'm a huge fan of PL.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Cheapbyte on March 20, 2013, 08:36:30 AM
I have an issue with the any version of process lasso in that it won't display the per core CPU utilization on my new Dell M4700 with an Intel i7 3520M CPU. I have tried it on my older Dell M4500 and it works fine. If you need anything from me to troubleshoot, let me know.  Thanks for a great program, I'm a huge fan of PL.

The actual processor should never matter with regards to this display. However, other aspects of the OS or its configuration may affect it. What language is this Windows version? And what Windows version are you using? The displays just sit empty? Or are they not shown at all?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Cheapbyte

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, service pack 1. All patches applied.  English.  Thank you.

edkiefer

Cheapbyte: : What do you see in the box next to ram graph ?

Is it just empty or do you see any CPU bars (might need to have few things running ) ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Thanks! I had hoped it hid the core utilization view. It was designed to do so in the event of an error. I will add some debug output to let us identify what the error was.

Have you made any tweaks to the OS configuration via the registry? I must ask, as disabling of performance counters would cause this.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Cheapbyte

No tweaks to the registry that I am aware of, meaning I haven't run any programs that specifically make tweaks or monkeyed around with regedit.  Thank you for your help. If you need me to test anything, just let me know.