New Watchdog actions - make your requests here

Started by Jeremy Collake, May 06, 2013, 04:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

I'll be implementing new Watchdog actions this month, part of work on a new major version that is happening now.

The first one will be the ability to launch a process (e.g. execute a script).

What else would you like to see added to the Watchdog actions? Note that I'll also be expanding the match criteria, but that's a different discussion.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

gman68w

Is auto trimming of an app's memory on the basis of crossing a 'RAM used' threshold already in there?

Autumner

Old topic, but very relevant (could be a sticky). I'd like for Watchdog to monitor whether a process is running or not, and a new "then" option: terminate another process. More generally, increased interaction between two different processes. Related to this topic.

Jeremy Collake

This is on my radar. It requires a whole new level of complexity. I can't keep adding x,y,z, etc... So would switch to a pseudo-scripting system at some point.

Jeremy Collake

Anyone ever use Outlook Express?

Remember it's rules/filtering?

It allowed you to do about anything, but no complex scripting.

Some people just aren't made to do scripting.

That is what I want to get to, BUT --- at the heart of that will be a new scripting system that would allow advanced users to do just about anything.

Autumner

Thanks for the interesting replies! I do remember Outlook Express and that I liked it a lot, unlike the later Microsoft efforts in that area. It'll be great when that point is reached. You'll probably have to rename to Super Process Lasso Pro.  8)

Jeremy Collake

Yes, the product will evolve in whatever directions are necessary. Names may change. Code will certainly be rewritten many times over.

However, Lasso customers should know me well enough to know that they'll be taken care of, e.g. no extra price for such a fictional 'Super Process Lasso'

Hotrod

I still use Outlook Express on an old XP box that PL keeps running ;) I prefer it specifically because of said rules and filtering options. The newer attempts never seemed to be as useful, but eventually I am sure I will be forced to migrate everything to Outlook. :(

Jeremy Collake

Honestly, email really hasn't gotten much better since OE.