New feature request [INV]

Started by ray.raywan, June 10, 2013, 10:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray.raywan

I just purchase the process lasso software today. I feel that this software is quite useful for me in the future that's why i purchase this wonderful software. The second reason why i need to spend the money on this software is that i want to combine another feature from Granola hxxp://grano.la/ to process lasso is the cpu power and speed control feature in . It also a great software in the summer. My laptop using i7 cpu and generate 45W heat energy in my room. In the summer day, my table is very very hot about 50C during playing games. So, i need the cpu speed control feature is low down my cpu loading when i surfing internet.
Is it possible to the lowest CPU speed, dynamic switching and fixed cpu speed options in the next Process lasso update? Also, it is better to display the real time cpu temperature on the tool bars

edkiefer

can't you do that now with power profiles , make a new profile call energy and set the cpu power management to  a max process state  % to like 50-70% or whatever you want .
then link it in PL to whatever app you like . so for example set Internet explorer (FF/Chrome) to this profile and your cpu will only go to what % you set
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Try set the PowerPlan for your browser process. ;)
But the bad thing is, it will changed to that powerplan until you close the browser process, so you can't has your browser running at the background while playing games. :)
Or, set the powerplan for the game process. :D

And also try Energy Saver.
Quote from: edkiefer on June 10, 2013, 11:59:21 AM
can't you do that now with power profiles , make a new profile call energy and set the cpu power management to  a max process state  % to like 50-70% or whatever you want .
then link it in PL to whatever app you like . so for example set Internet explorer (FF/Chrome) to this profile and your cpu will only go to what % you set
Yup. ;)

edkiefer

Ok, right , but how about setting the default to the new max energy power plan then set balanced or HP power plan for games, or any app that needs 100%  :)
Bitsum QA Engineer

ray.raywan

Regarding to energy power plan, process lasso cannot be fixed the CPU clock frequency. Even though i force to choose the energy saving power plan, the cpu clock speed is keep changing according to system loading.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: ray.raywan on June 12, 2013, 10:29:55 AM
Regarding to energy power plan, process lasso cannot be fixed the CPU clock frequency. Even though i force to choose the energy saving power plan, the cpu clock speed is keep changing according to system loading.
Did you make sure the Minimum and Maximum Processor state are the same % :)

Jeremy Collake

As others have said, this is something you set in the power profiles. That is how the program you reference is working. It's simply creating power profiles that have these settings, then switching between them.

To set a specific CPU clock frequency, you'd do as BenYeeHua suggests, and create or edit a power profile, settings it minimum and maximum processor % of max frequencies to whatever you desire.

Once you do have power profiles created or configured like you want, Process Lasso already offers all sorts of ways to automate switching between them.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.