Maximize [FIXED-06060017]

Started by parkd1, April 01, 2013, 10:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkd1

Maximize is not staying again.

Jeremy Collake

In all tests, it is working. You can check by hovering over the restore/maximize button in the window title. It will say 'restore down' when it is maximized (and also appear different of course).

Note that newer editions of Windows treat maximized windows a little differently, in that they will let you grab and drag them prior to any 'restore'. Perhaps there is some confusion?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

parkd1

The one thing I did see when I updated to the new beta build is that the version number did not change but that is ok. What ever you did in the latest test build seem to fix it. It does not do it any more and keeps it a maximize. So far so good.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: parkd1 on April 03, 2013, 07:25:02 PM
The one thing I did see when I updated to the new beta build is that the version number did not change but that is ok. What ever you did in the latest test build seem to fix it. It does not do it any more and keeps it a maximize. So far so good.

That makes me nervous, as I didn't do anything. I am not sure about the version number either. It should have been a new version, though I have screwed up beta version numbers before ;o

I suppose I can not discount some condition that might, conceivably, cause the maximized state to be lost. If you see it again, let me know!

I have made a few additional, unpublished adjustments, namely tossing out all other window states except maximized, since maximized is the only one that is restored.

parkd1

I will keep you posted on this but so far so good.

parkd1

When I boot up the computer it is not staying Maximize. I am running version 6.0.3.5 beta. I tried close the program and restart it and it works right. So thinking it has something to do when Windows shuts down and reboots or starts up.

Jeremy Collake

I am having some trouble reproducing what you see :o. In my tests, the maximized state is always retained. Do you always see this behavior?

Jeremy Collake

And is the window position/size correct (full screen), or is it reset back to a default position? I'm asking to determine if the window state is all that is lost when this does occur.

parkd1

I will check just got the new beta build. Will see what happens when I do a reboot and see.

parkd1

Just did a reboot and it worked fine. I will keep you posted if it happens again.

parkd1

It is like it is in Maximize but when you look at it you can click to make it Maximize. Just booted up the computer this morning. This is on the latest beta.

parkd1

Still doing this in the latest beta. Just checked it. Seem to be doing it most of the time when the computer boots up.

Jeremy Collake

I believe it might be possible that this is occurring when you shut down without having opened the main window once. During that situation, the window state may be lost, but its window position isn't. I will verify this in a minute..

parkd1

That sounds good. It not that big of deal. Just more annoying. I can wait till for fix it. Just letting you know it is still there. Thanks  :)

Jeremy Collake

I believe this is it. I verified my guess here. I think we *might* finally know why this was occurring so intermittently!

I am uploading 6.6.0.17 beta in a minute. Let me know if you see this again.

parkd1

Wow that was fast. :) Will let you know. Best support around.

parkd1

So far so good. Will report back if it happens again.