Can't install

Started by Oxa, September 25, 2013, 12:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxa

I've been trying to install the GAOTD download on a Windows XP system. After clicking on setup.exe, a popup window appears, displaying this message: "Connecting to giveawayoftheday.com: checking giveaway availability..." After about 30 seconds, a second popup message appears: "Failed to launch the program." That's it. Any idea what's wrong?

Jeremy Collake

In your case, I suggest downloading from bitsum.com ( http://bitsum.com/files/processlassosetup.exe ) rather than Giveaway of the Day. The distribution they offer is wrapped in their custom deployment system, which is what you are experiencing a failure with. Either copy can be activated just the same.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Oxa

Thanks for that suggestion, but when I click on the downloaded file (processlassosetup.exe), I get an interminable hourglass. Any other ideas?

Jeremy Collake

I don't know why you'd get that. Maybe the server load is high or network route slow. I'd advise trying again tomorrow. The key will still work then!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Oxa

Well, I rebooted my computer, tried the second method again, and it worked. There must have been some traces of the failed GAOTD install that interfered with the regular install.

Thanks for your help.