Feature request:Let watchdog can restart the process that "Not Responding"

Started by BenYeeHua, September 16, 2013, 11:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenYeeHua

Let watchdog can restart the process that "Not Responding".

For example, when it watch/see the process are Not responding/Hang, it will restart it automatic. :)

edkiefer

Yes, it would have to do a force close , then restart .

I wonder if the same mechanism of TDR with graphic drivers be implemented in other processes .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

QuoteI wonder if the same mechanism of TDR with graphic drivers be implemented in other processes .
Yup, windows will not kill for Not Responding process as default, as sometimes some software will hang over 1-2 mins, and you surely don't wanna to kill it. ;)

And I think you means that, after the watchdog check the process, and it found out the process is hang, then it will waiting like 5-10 seconds(can set by user), if it still remain not responding, then force close and start it again. :)

edkiefer

right, depending on app you would not want to force it to close right a way, you would need a delay value .

Still not sure it would work for all app . might work for speedfan but would depend on how its coded I think .(how it hooks into OS )
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yes, I has crash(BSOD) with CPU-Z sometimes, so for some software that using Driver or other thing it should be operating carefully, but I think it is user side issue, right?

As PL can only providing the tools/functions, but how you using it is depend on you. ;)

Jeremy Collake

This could absolutely be done fairly easily. I'll work to add this!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.