proces lasso core engine stops working

Started by Daniel, July 23, 2009, 03:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi,

Process Lasso stops working if I set a process Throttle. I use the latest release.

This error occurs when running as a service or running as a program.

If i remove the proces throttle proces lasso works fine... I use win 2K8 x64 as a TS.

Anyone?

Daniel

Jeremy Collake

Thank you. I've had that reported before. I am working on issuing a fix. I'll post an update here as soon as its completed. It doesn't seem to always manifest, and depends on the system conditions and which processes you throttle. I should again note that throttling is only appropriate in limited circumstances, but I suppose I placed enough warnings about that already in the product ;).

I hope to get this addressed tomorrow..

EDIT: In the meantime, you can use the new option to have the core engine automatically restart if it crashes. See 'Options / General Process Lasso settings / Automatically restart core engine '. This MAY help to at least keep the core engine running, assuming it doesn't just keep crashing again right away (it may).
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

I made an attempted fix for this in v3.62.2. I can't say for certain the issue is fixed because I still haven't reproduced it. However, I now handle unexpected errors and crashes in a graceful way -- so hopefully it works. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll try a couple more tweaks.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Daniel

Thank you. I installed the update.

I'll keep you posted on the results.