Main Menu

Game Mode

Started by chris635, May 14, 2014, 08:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris635

Hey guys,

For game mode, do I need each .exe game configured in steam and origin, or could I have process lasso enter game mode by just starting steam and origin?
Chris

edkiefer

You need to add the actual game exe cause Steam or Origin will be in back-ground while game is running. need the game exe to be foreground process .
Bitsum QA Engineer

chris635

Chris

gamesturbator

I did not know that! I've been running just Origin and Steam in game mode.  Been denying myself extra juice all this time. That kind of sucks. So many games to configure now.  :P

BenYeeHua

Quote from: edkiefer on May 14, 2014, 08:51:35 PM
You need to add the actual game exe cause Steam or Origin will be in back-ground while game is running. need the game exe to be foreground process .
Err....

I think by adding the Steam or Origin process should be enough, except gaming mode will having some function to the game process, like never restraint it etc. :)

edkiefer

Quote from: BenYeeHua on May 15, 2014, 01:30:09 AM
Err....

I think by adding the Steam or Origin process should be enough, except gaming mode will having some function to the game process, like never restraint it etc. :)
For sure you'll get most of game mode but i think it's best to do each game , Maybe Jermey can comment more .

For apps like MSI AB, I do do that as its easier since I run 2d/3d profiles for GPU, Origin, Steam etc works fine . Any power profile that kicks in will work with Steam/Origin too in PL .
I was thinking of setting up Steam and Origin to be lower process priority  as its in back ground and the actual game is what I want the OS to focus on .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yup, if in the future the gaming mode is updated to affect the game processes, it should be more easier and don't need to adding all the game into the list.
But, if that happen, we should be just import the game list/program name from Steam into Process Lasso too. ;)

QuoteI was thinking of setting up Steam and Origin to be lower process priority  as its in back ground and the actual game is what I want the OS to focus on .
I think if you are using the OSD, remember not to do this, as this might just slowing down the OSD. :)

edkiefer

Quote from: BenYeeHua on May 15, 2014, 08:19:47 AM
Yup, if in the future the gaming mode is updated to affect the game processes, it should be more easier and don't need to adding all the game into the list.
But, if that happen, we should be just import the game list/program name from Steam into Process Lasso too. ;)
I think if you are using the OSD, remember not to do this, as this might just slowing down the OSD. :)
Hmm, I must be losing my mind , yes there are already profiles for Uplay, Steam and Origin that stop any OSD or 3d clocks from enabling , forget what I said about 2d/3d it was something else and can't remember it .
I do tend to add profiles even if it starts out as copy of global one, just so i can tweak it if needed .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: edkiefer on May 15, 2014, 10:32:40 AM
Hmm, I must be losing my mind , yes there are already profiles for Uplay, Steam and Origin that stop any OSD or 3d clocks from enabling , forget what I said about 2d/3d it was something else and can't remember it .
I do tend to add profiles even if it starts out as copy of global one, just so i can tweak it if needed .
i means the OSD that coming from Steam and Origin, it might be affected if you change the priority of the Steam/Origin main process, sorry not not making it clear. ;)