Setting CUP affinities and saving them.

Started by RichG, April 28, 2014, 11:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichG

Can the CPU affinities be set and saved so each time I restart my computer they will come back and used as the affinities I assigned?  I'm using the free version and have imported and exported and I'm not sure how to make this work if I can in the free version.    Thanks for any help.  RichG  8)

edkiefer

It been long time since i checked free version , but how are you setting affinities, there 2 sections .
right click on the process if you choose current it will revert to stock net reboot .

If you set under always it should remember it next time .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

First, it is CPU not CUP. ::)
----
So here it is, when you right click on Process, it will showing CPU affinity.

Any change you set by using CPU affinity - Always - xxx will be save and reapply each times this process start running.

But any change you set by using CPU affinity - Current - xxx will just like the standard Windows Task Manager, it will not be saved and only apply to this process until it is end.
----
To make sure it is save and will apply next time, you can go to Options - Configure default CPU priorities, it(The process name) should be showing in there. :)

edkiefer

Quote from: BenYeeHua on April 28, 2014, 01:01:02 PM
First, it is CPU not CUP. ::)
----
So here it is, when you right click on Process, it will showing CPU affinity.

Any change you set by using CPU affinity - Always - xxx will be save and reapply each times this process start running.

But any change you set by using CPU affinity - Current - xxx will just like the standard Windows Task Manager, it will not be saved and only apply to this process until it is end.
----
To make sure it is save and will apply next time, you can go to Options - Configure default CPU priorities, it(The process name) should be showing in there. :)

Hehe , what he says too !
:P
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

And, I said something wrong, it is not "Configure default CPU priorities", it should be "Configure default CPU Affinities". ;D
---
TR;DR:"Always" will always apply the setting to the process, but "Current" will only apply the setting before the process is end.