Broken Probalance menu ?

Started by edkiefer, May 22, 2014, 07:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edkiefer

I just noticed on my 55b version the probalance menu options are many of them are missing .
All of these settings are missing (copy from ini file)

PerProcessUsageBeforeRestraint=15
TimeOverQuotaBeforeRestraint=1100
PerProcessUsageForRestore=5
MinimumTimeOfRestraint=4200
MaximumTimeOfRestraint=0

I only show the 23% total system wide CPU usage one , with blank space below were the others should be .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Nope, just open the ProBalance dialog, it is also the same thing missing.
And we better not guessing before Jeremy answer us. :)

edkiefer

What I meant was its missing in PL GUI probalance option window, its fine in the actual PL.ini file .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yup, the GUI is missing the setting, I wonder did the settings that get hidden still works or not.

edkiefer

I guess you have to change something like the single core % threshhold value and see if results change on priority .

Edit: looks like only the TotalProcessorUsageBeforeRestraint=23 is working , I left the PerProcessUsageBeforeRestraint=15 alone .
Set the total to like 65 and ran prime95 so total CPU is below (run default but with only 2 threads for quad core).
So now the single core was much higher than 15 , total was around 50% and nothing happened to prime95, no restraint .
Also running one core at 100% in prime95 , same thing .

So looks like those values are not being read , at least not the  PerProcessUsageBeforeRestraint=15 one .

You can also set the PerProcessUsageBeforeRestraint=1 , that should make any app that doing something to be restrained , like you-tub vid but doesn't affect browser .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

The UI for these settings is gone now. I did more work on this dialog in this beta series, so there is no gap in it.

The backing settings should work.

I just wanted to hide more of the stock settings.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Quote from: support on June 08, 2014, 12:12:12 PM
The UI for these settings is gone now. I did more work on this dialog in this beta series, so there is no gap in it.

The backing settings should work.

I just wanted to hide more of the stock settings.
Ok, Just so I know what to test, and not test .
from your post it sound like the per core "should" work and you just simplified menus for newbie's to understand .
I thought maybe you cut it out for some reason, buggy, lower overhead etc .

Haven't tested it from my org post yet .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

It will be interesting to know how many people need some removed settings. :)

And ya, the menu/settings did a little bit too much for newbie, and I will expect to see more people start using the settings after they see a reduced complex setting, I think they should be scared by the long menu. ;D
A basic UI/Advanced UI should be helps here too, but this will be a hard jobs to keep 2 difference UI.